• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

1 minute ago, EquinoxRC said:

Thanks but shipping prices are just stupid. 

Screenshot_1.png

That's Wheelspin for you i'm afraid :( postage prices are becoming a ripoff over the last couple of years. I reckon shops are dropping prices but ramping up postage!

The part no. is HPI-6125 so have a look around, maybe ebay? 

Put it up to the 1/8th buggy wheels. Will see how it performs on these with the brushless system and geared how it is. May need to adjust depending on temps. Fingers crossed it is fine.

Really want a new shell next.

20170311_114503_zpsgmuzokqf.jpg

• Like 3

Ah crap. Took it out for only 5 minutes and i now need to invest in upgrades. Popped the rod ends off several times. The suspension front and back on one side keeps popping off. Not sure whether it's the new brushless combined with the buggy wheels that's put it under too much strain or it was just their time. Either way .... Suggestions welcome lol.

6 minutes ago, bishbashbosh said:

Since fitting the white rod ends and titanium rods (optional) off ostewart I've not had any pop offs and mine was really bad for it.

I may have to invest in some of those regardless of if i go back to stock wheels or not. I heard that once they start popping off then they pretty much do it all the time.

Well unfortunately i had to go back to standard wheels. The larger 1/8th buggy wheels will require more secure components like ese rod ends and perhaps some new shocks. Reverted back to standard stock wheels and it works grand. Even given full throttle to handbrake (kinda) turns. No issues. One day firestorm, one day!!! *Shakes fist*

1 hour ago, locky said:

Good to know, if you dont try different things you'll never learn.

Yea definitely. Trial and error and all that. At least i know now. Tbh the stability is still not as good as stock anyway so I may just get some standards. But at least i gave it a try lol.

Gorilla taped the entire inside of the shell today, just for some extra strength. Makes a big difference for sure. For one thing, it's much nicer to handle too lol.

20170314_161741_zpsn0kscj3r.jpg

Got a bit tricks in those back recesses and in retrospect using smaller pieces would have given a better finish, but it is what it is. And it should give it some extra strength.

P.s. it certainly adds a bit of weight lol

Edited by Shokka

1 minute ago, Shokka said:

that poor poor bugsta shell lol

*In Alec Guinesses' voice* It's more Goo and Scrim than Shell now.......................................

• Like 1

11 hours ago, everclear1984 said:

Still tough as old boots though :)

Yeah, but it'll end up being killed by it's master whilst protecting it's son :lsabre:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just bought a used E-Firestorm with a Castle brushless system. It will need a new body and wheels. I was looking at the Duratrax Sixpack or Picket MT 2.8 Truck 2WD Mounted 1/2 Offset C2 Black. I think these fit ok? And I want to do a nice paint job so I need a clear body that will fit, not the original, it's too expensive, I believe the FTX Bugsta body fits, but what else? Apart from that, what are the best parts to upgrade with, the white HPI parts or RPM?

:rc_car:

G-DTXC3522_1.jpg

G-DTXC3550_1.jpg

Edited by LifeofBrian

2.8 wheels will be heavy so people have had breakages due to extra weight/wear. Only upgrade you need is tbone bumpers and possibly ese ends as some people had problems with sotck ones popping off.

• Like 1

those picket st wheels and tyres look awesome. i'd go with them on the firestorm. as long as they're 12mm hex theyre grand.

i think a couple of the ftx shells fit, the bugsta being one and the carnage ... i think would fit. Just have a look through and check dimensions. from what i've seen and heard, most 1/10 truggy shells can be made to fit, with some shenanigans.

apparently the ese white ball ends upgrade for the blitz are great hop ups. I plan on getting some myself as my stock ends keep popping off recently.

Edited by Shokka

Some footage from this weekend. The horrible noise is because I'm using a spur from a Maverick Scout which is mod 0.6, it's the wrong pitch and has no slipper yet somehow it's outlasted any Firestorm spur I've fitted!