• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE E-Firestorm Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Sk8inDuck do you have any problems heat wise with your etronix photon kit in the firestorm, I am soon to be getting a fs and already have a 13t etrunic photon combo that I can put in it mostly running on 3s, any help appreciated

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Hi guys need a little help,last time i used my firestorm was just before xmas everything was running great,now i charged a battery up out of storage and there is no stearing and the servo is not moving no idea how it's not turning the engine is fine,ideas plz.

Thanks.

First off do you have electric or nitro fs as first you mention battery and then the 'engine'?

Have you checked battery voltage? Channels setup correctly? EPA?

Ah sorry it's the e-firestorm flux electric,the battery is fine i have checked the voltage and the wheels turn if i accelerate just no servo movement.

Have you checked servo connector to rx? Have you got it in the right way? If you turn the steering by hand does the servo move?

All wires are in the right place nothing has been touched since i last used it when i turn it by hand the servo moves and bounces back to where it was.

flux and non flux parts are the same, only thing that makes it a flux is the brushless system. The first flux's had silver shells and no waterproof rx box.

what have you got wrapped around the battery?

Edited by stretch

Oh right that's fine then hahah, can always hope you get something more :-D

It's some padding I have around my zippy lipo as I have been using the brushless and lipos in my Df02 which has gaps in the battery compartment so it was to protect it, my 3 lipos are all compact ones so I could virtually fit two 3s in parallel in the tray side by side

First impressions of the firestorm are it is a much better jumper obviously and it's so quiet compared to my Df02 however I actually think it's slightly slower with the same etronix photon 13t system, 3s lipo and nanda blocks on mip hex adapters, however nothings broken yet ( touch wood) compared to something going every run with the tamiya

Also the box the guy gave me is for the new flux with different shell that's why, I dunno anyway he didn't seem to like using any form of communication anyway when I bought so I was lucky I actually got something

Yeah but luckily they don't even get warm tonthem touch really so at the moment nothing to worry about, I bought the fs (yes this may sound wierd) so that I would stop buying things as I'm a teenager without a job and most things are done diy, the batteries were to fit the Df02 so I just have a padded battery bar which holds them in place fine :D

Mip ones so it extends the wheel slightly but not a huge amount, I was told the fs was durable haha

Everything else is fine, what front/rear bumper or combo would you recommend also?

They cost nearly 12 quid for two!

• Like 1

Mip ones so it extends the wheel slightly but not a huge amount, I was told the fs was durable haha

Everything else is fine, what front/rear bumper or combo would you recommend also?

They cost nearly 12 quid for two!

I'd lose the Nandas and go back to normal 12mm  hex, probably snapped cause of the bigger size and it is extended.

Look at getting T-bone front and rear bumpers. They are awesome.

Yeah its a shame really as u get so much more grip with the nandas than stock on both grass and tarmac without them wearing out in like 2 runs I found 2 axles for 6 quid on ebay so I shall see, if I break one quickly again then I will probably have to go back to 12mm ok I'll have a look at the t bones cheers mate, guessing the rpm one is pointless/not worth it compared to t bone Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Edited by Relativenewbyseb