• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

--VIDEO-- DOES THIS ENGINE SOUND OK

kickasskev

Does this sound ok for a running engine, it seems to speed up more when im closing the throttle.

It makes the audio look out of sync with the video

Only had this out once before about 4 months and it ended up being a runaway, dont what this to happen again, I have a fail safe now but that wont work if the engine speeds up when in the idle position :blush:

It starts ok but then stall's on idle after about 15-30 seconds

your better off driving it around and video it , as you can never tell when the car is off the ground if its running ok

Yeah thats what I don't wanna do incase it become a runaway AGAIN lol

Might pluck up the courage and take it round the field tomorrow :unsure:

Also...in the vid, it looked very smokey and didn't sound like it was running well. Could be runnign rich and only when you closed the throttle and cut the fuel supply did it rev up.

Did you warm up the motor first? Hard to diagnose a problem if hte motor is cold and spluttering. You may be getting a build up of fuel in teh crankcases that a good run will clear too.

Ok people so ive had it to the field, it seems and looks very very rich, I have played around with the LSN but it doesn't seem to do any thing really, when I accelarate it bogs and dies, should I be adjusting the HSN????

Sorry for poor video

Recorded by my 8yr son :D

as simple as that?

pretty much yea haha, it is rising on idle which is a telltale sign of being too lean on the bottom end as it is revving higher to get more fuel :) and the top end.....is just bogging, not a problem, just needs a top end tune :)

NEVER run a nitro with no filter :rolleyes: thats asking for tuning problems and a knackered engine :confused:

Only had it like that because my car wont prime fuel through when I cover the exhaust, I have to put my finger over the air filter hole and open full throttle and turn the engine over to get fuel to the carb/engine, is this normal???? my little car only needs finger over the exhaust to prime.

Only had it like that because my car wont prime fuel through when I cover the exhaust, I have to put my finger over the air filter hole and open full throttle and turn the engine over to get fuel to the carb/engine, is this normal???? my little car only needs finger over the exhaust to prime.

thats not normal, is the exhaust system or engine leaking? that probably explains the bad tuning :whistling:

thats not normal, is the exhaust system or engine leaking? that probably explains the bad tuning :whistling:

No mate can't see any leaks any where, it's seems untunable, was told to richen the LSN and Lean the HSP but this din't work, nearly had the HSP needle all the way in, and it was still smoking like mad when throttle was applied, also when just leaving it to idle it will eventually speed up and scream like mad,

All parts of the engine are sealed with engine sealer apart from the roto start, should there be any type of gasket or seal to go in between the back plate and roto/pull start????

I also bought a new carb as I thought the old one was knacked but obviously not.

Turn your idle screw down abit , and put your filter on when you run it ,

rich your LSN 1/8 of a turn and drive up the field and back to clear the build up of fuel a few time and get the car warm

you have loads of smoke thats good

need to see your car go up and down the field a few times when its warm as sorry mate video was to short to tell