• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Southampton Bashers / Weekly Meetups

G-RATs-Savage

Hi All!

meet ups take place mainly at marchwood bmx track next to the skatepark! theres on site parking for easy access to the field!

check for new posts to see if were meeting up :)

Edited by G-RATs-Savage

Count me in for the common! Should be able to get there for just after 1pm as i will be at work till 12! Free all day Sunday, will be at the sand pits for around 12 :good:

Some awsome jumps in the closed carpark. Trust me you will not be dissapointed with the sand banks!!!

Come on all you R/C nuts! Get your names down! The more the merrier :P

EDIT not sure if my e-revo will be running for this weekend as i am doing her right up :) defo be running the weekend after tho, ill still be out tho watching everyone else having fun this weekend thats for sure! rofl.gif

hopfully have both my nitros out this weekend just need to refit a servo to the mg10, it aint as fun as my savage but its quite rapid but its only an 18s engine with 1 gear :( but i recon it be quite fun in the sand donuts like mad haha!

Stantonberry and his mental 6s Hpi Vorza is probably gonna pop down as well. Just need to talk another into running his Hyper 8 nitro :)

nice! another 6s to compete against, great stuff!! good.gif

mine will be up and running now for this weekend :)

Thought i would give the XTR a good clean and couldn't resist taking the engine apart for a clean aswel :D This engine is years old and still has plenty compression. Runs like a dream B)

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

Its not been run for about 15 months but will have no problems firing up, wish it was pull start tho :confused:

thats sweet dannyP we will become wheelie kings like the insane savages insane.gif nah but serious after seeing them beasts i cant wait till my wheelie bar is here!! MSUK dispatched today so fingers crossed will be here tomorrow popc1.gif THEN WE WILL SEE WHO IS THE WHEELIE KING TATS HAHAHA ballons.gif

ah dannyP that acceleration aint nothing, u remember that little programming card i had in that orange box that i plugged into the speed controller, i had punch control/traction control to 100%! if i had it turned off then you would see some real back flips hahaha, but yeah i really cant wait for the weekend, i still cant get my broken rod end off of my shock lol :(

Ting your cool programing card makes me want to get a brushless, oh and the power, speeeeeed :D

Yea dtokez fairly simples, just pull it up. Got to be careful of moving the piston while liners out, slip on the flywheel = piston stuck sideways in port :confused:. Oh and getting the liner back in, gets annoying! There was no need for me to take it apart really. Got a gasket and o ring set lying around for the engine so thought i would replace them :lol:

nice!! i did a few things this evening to the savage, put new steering rack in cus my steering was stiff and ****, and relized it was a setting on my controller ROFLLL now im getting about 20% more turn each way talk about stupit!! and got some better thread lock from hpi and put a new shaft screw in the front drive shaft, hopfully wont come out again!!! but its only a screw i can deal with that :D i was temped to take my engine out and clean it as well as i got a new gasket in the manafold bit the other day stoped all the leaky oil that allways came out all over the place lol maybe not a strip down but a dam good clean and flush out :) will get on that some point... with all the damp weather at the mo thought i wait till the summer to clean it right up :good: but i said to my self every 4 weeks or so to at least flush the engine out and clean the out side etc......

more grease to my diff's as im not breaking them again lol! changed 3rd gear setting but not ran the truck yet, but ive ordered a new clutch holder for 3rd gear so if it wont shift can bung it in, im hoping i can wear it out a bit first lol!

weather best not rain!!

Stantonberry and his mental 6s Hpi Vorza is probably gonna pop down as well. Just need to talk another into running his Hyper 8 nitro :)

thats if you let the guy with the hyper 8 know that this was on of course!

my DF02 chassis will be here today so I'll be 1/10 brushless at least by then, and i should be able to find time to rebuild the Hyper 8 shocks. only big issue is working out how i can make it ...... that's a hard one.