• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my first airbrush bodyshell

Outlaw Graphics

• 3 weeks later...

hey folks not updated this in a while....still been painting shells just not had a chance to upload any pics :blush:

anyway i've been trying different things and i fluffed another shell, so i'm putting it on ebay for 99p

should give my website a bit of interest too :whistling:

here's a link if any one is interested

gallery_19139_1418_221078.jpg

gallery_19139_1418_199598.jpg

Shell looks great...how did you do the window's border....?

cheers matey good.gif i used a fine line pen to draw the window frames on the window masks before applying them, then just cut out with a craft knife when it comes to painting themwink.gif

Cant see anything wrong with that shell..the lightning looks mint, as do the window surrounds.

When I did the surrounds on my Red Bull shell I cut the masks free hand with a scalpel, but I'll try your method on the next one as it seems a better way.

And wheeling on 4s..? Could be the oil in the diffs..mine only wheelie's when it hits a bump or something...it just puts the power down and takes off like a rocket.

I'm running 50K front 50K centre 30K rear (Joe's standard set up smile.gif)

Andy good.gif

Cant see anything wrong with that shell..the lightning looks mint, as do the window surrounds.

When I did the surrounds on my Red Bull shell I cut the masks free hand with a scalpel, but I'll try your method on the next one as it seems a better way.

And wheeling on 4s..? Could be the oil in the diffs..mine only wheelie's when it hits a bump or something...it just puts the power down and takes off like a rocket.

Andy good.gif

cheers mate good.gif it was Guns VE8 so i guess it has that diff set up, and it was only wheelying when it hit a certain bump, i just kept hitting that same bump for the biggrin.gifs

Andy good.gif

50K oil in a buggy??

yea...

5K 5K 3K andy :P

not 50K!

lost in translation somewhere...

like chris fulling his diff with 30wt shock oil ;)

Haha yeah something got lost there for sure Joe laugh.gif

The funny thing is it works, and works well in fact.

But hang on, when I lent you diff oil last year..remember I posted it to you and you gave it back to me at the skate park bash? That was the same Traxxas 50k diff oil, did you not notice it had 50k on the bottle?

what would you say to a clear maverick blackout shell coming your way for a spray?? i have an awsome design in mind for a big thing like that wink.gif