• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

Nice Super Blackbird mate.I have a CB1300.mine is the 2350kv motor.

cool...the Cb13 an the gsx 1400 r the only 2 muscle bikes I ain't owned....as of yet....I had a zrx12 Eddie rep an a xjr12....and I'm on me 2nd bandit 12...both mrk1's. ......my savvy was a 2350kv to start with...

Hi guys I am putting some bigger tyres on my flux.They are thunder tiger s50 ones.They are taller than the stock ones.My stock pinion is 20th so would going downt to an 18 or 19th be a good idea?And if so what one.The 18 or 19?

Worth weighing the old and new footwear, see if they're significantly heavier.

What temps are you seeing off the motor at the moment? If you're only running 4S, your temps will probably be quite low, in which case leave the gearing where it is.

If you're running a higher voltage, I'd consider dropping two teeth. If the new boots are not much heavier, then try some test runs and closely monitor temps every five minutes.

Summer's coming and will push those temps higher, so always check your set-up thoroughly and repeatedly until you're happy that nothing is gonna cook.

How on earth do you control these beasts, I have had a look on youtube and the certainly live up to there name 'savage' :)

Mine's got an XL chassis and centre diff, those two items really do tame the beast.

A little throttle control helps too.

How on earth do you control these beasts, I have had a look on youtube and the certainly live up to there name 'savage' :)

jus b easy with the squeezey ..lol!!...learn to control ur finger/throttle smoothly...don't yam it on n off. ....simples!!!

cool...the Cb13 an the gsx 1400 r the only 2 muscle bikes I ain't owned....as of yet....I had a zrx12 Eddie rep an a xjr12....and I'm on me 2nd bandit 12...both mrk1's. ......my savvy was a 2350kv to start with...

I had a gsx14 before the cb and mk1(the only one to have in my opinion)bandit 12.

Worth weighing the old and new footwear, see if they're significantly heavier.

What temps are you seeing off the motor at the moment? If you're only running 4S, your temps will probably be quite low, in which case leave the gearing where it is.

If you're running a higher voltage, I'd consider dropping two teeth. If the new boots are not much heavier, then try some test runs and closely monitor temps every five minutes.

Summer's coming and will push those temps higher, so always check your set-up thoroughly and repeatedly until you're happy that nothing is gonna cook.

To be honest I haven't got a clue on the temps.Its a stock 2350 so I only run 4s.I don't need anymore speed as its fast enough.The stock wheels and tyres are 294g and the S50 ones are 332g?

I had a gsx14 before the cb and mk1(the only one to have in my opinion)bandit 12.To be honest I haven't got a clue on the temps.Its a stock 2350 so I only run 4s.I don't need anymore speed as its fast enough.The stock wheels and tyres are 294g and the S50 ones are 332g?

I want the gsx 14 with the twin cans....2x as much noise then..lol!!if i were u i'd stock em on jus run it....I like the stock tt wheels...they last well.

I love me mk1 b12 ...125 bhp @wheel at the mo .....but i gota wiseco 1246 cc big bore kit to go on....should liven it up...like it needs any more bhp...lol!!

Edited by evssv

I want the gsx 14 with the twin cans....2x as much noise then..lol!!if i were u i'd stock em on jus run it....I like the stock tt wheels...they last well.

I love me mk1 b12 ...125 bhp @wheel at the mo .....but i gota wiseco 1246 cc big bore kit to go on....should liven it up...like it needs any more bhp...lol!!

Blimey that's going to fly with the 1246 kit on it :thumbsup: .Yeh I think I will just stick the wheels on and see how it goes.I have just a couple more bits to deanodise today then I can put it all back together.I want to see how the T-Maxx wheelie bar works on the flux.

Blimey that's going to fly with the 1246 kit on it :thumbsup: .Yeh I think I will just stick the wheels on and see how it goes.I have just a couple more bits to deanodise today then I can put it all back together.I want to see how the T-Maxx wheelie bar works on the flux.

if i get sum cams/head work done it should b good for150+bhp!!Here she b 20141002_112512_zpsbsft2ahi.jpg... hopefully . post pics of the Wheely bar once fitted....intrested to see how /where it mounts/holds up...probly get told off for posting that pic in here....Ho well!! Edited by evssv

I had a gsx14 before the cb and mk1(the only one to have in my opinion)bandit 12.To be honest I haven't got a clue on the temps.Its a stock 2350 so I only run 4s.I don't need anymore speed as its fast enough.The stock wheels and tyres are 294g and the S50 ones are 332g?

That's not a huge weight gain, but a gain nonetheless. Add to that the larger rolling diameter which ups the final gear ratio, and you've got to pay close attention to the gearing.

I'd do a test run on stock gearing, start with crawling it off the line. If there's no cogging or stutter, then start punching the throttle. Got a temp gun? This will be vital for checking that the combo is happy! Do two or three speed runs, then test temps.

If the temps have risen (they will), but not shot up, then you can progress to full-on testing. Now's the time to start the multiple speed runs, but stop and check temps after every two to three passes! This is important! If the motor climbs quickly in temperature, you're over-geared. If it's a steady climb, don't worry, just monitor it! Try to keep the motor to a maximum of 70C, the ESC to a max of 50C.

I've got a couple of cars that always run at around 70C on the motor, this is fine, nothing to worry about. They reach that temp by about halfway through a pack of cells, but once they've reached that temp, they don't go any higher. This is because they've reached their maximum working temperature for the set-up I'm running.

Testing is the key, take your time over it. On 4S, I doubt you'll need to lower the gearing, RTRs always come with conservative gearing.

If you do need to lower it, I'd reckon no more than two teeth. When the warmer ambient temperatures of summer arrive, you might need to check this all again.

Testing! Careful testing! Lots of careful testing!

Cheers Tug for the very informative reply.I have a temp gun but not a great one.I used to use it on my nitros so I will give that a go.I haven't used the flux for over a year.Its got stock length Alza carbon tvp's,carbon motor plate,carbon radio plate and integy rear deletes.Do you know what size bolts you bought for yours as in m4,m5?evssv the Bandit looks very nice.I love the usd front end.I always wanted to do that to mine but never had the funds unfortunately.

To replace the pin and C clips? 4mm. Can't remember the length, but I think that's on my Savvy thread.

Yep that's the one :thumbsup: .The length isn't a problem as I will measure it.Thanks Tug.

Thank you very much mate.I will order a couple :thumbsup: .I am trying to think what to use to make a skid plate.As my tvp's are carbon I don't want them to splinter if the hit a hidden rock or something.Being Alza ones they are a different shape to stock so I cant use an rpm one.

Blimey I had forgotten how powerful these things are.I charged my lipos and popped down the garden.Without realising the throttle was reversed the flux went summersaulting off backwards lol.Luckily I wasn't behind it.Its raining now so hopefully I will take it for a run tomorrow.Not sure why one of my lipos took over two hours to charge while the other only took an hour.They were both at storage charge before I charged them?

Well I got the flux out today and I had forgotten how much fun it is.I couldn't check temps because my temp gun battery is dead.I am not sure how hot 70c is but I could hold my fingers on the motor without it burning me?The tyres worked great and so did the t-maxx wheely bar.Much better than the hpi one.

Well I got the flux out today and I had forgotten how much fun it is.I couldn't check temps because my temp gun battery is dead.I am not sure how hot 70c is but I could hold my fingers on the motor without it burning me?The tyres worked great and so did the t-maxx wheely bar.Much better than the hpi one.

sweet.....got any pics of the Wheely bar pls? ?how /where it mounts to....

sweet.....got any pics of the Wheely bar pls? ?how /where it mounts to....

I am really bad with computers when it comes to uploading pics.Tug will tell you lol.On savage central I got the idea.If you want tho I could email you some pics