• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

i can imagine it makes gettin larger lips that are very tight in the boxes, easier to get in. my hardcase turnigys are vey snug so can be a pain wth the door not opening all the way. i may have too give this a try

yer thats what i thought my hard case turnigy's have to be in the right position or the lid dont shut and its a pain with a lid on the box that dont open all the way!!!

The battery box mod together with velcro straps helps access with full opening and when hard bashing stops the lid from opening so your lipos dont go awol;)

so do you just cut off the bit that clicks in on the lid???

Oh well another f......d ali diff cup.The screws hpi use are made of cheese and even the mechanics at work couldnt get them out!!Had to drill them out like i did on my xl in the end :confused: .I am going to see if i can get some allen screws for the diffs instead of hpi screws when i get a new diff case.

Oh well another f......d ali diff cup.The screws hpi use are made of cheese and even the mechanics at work couldnt get them out!!Had to drill them out like i did on my xl in the end :confused: .I am going to see if i can get some allen screws for the diffs instead of hpi screws when i get a new diff case.

I HATE the crosshead scres that come with the savage, it's a good job i own a good screwdriver!

I'm going to get a hex screw kit for it, does anyone know if these are hex fitting?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=36457

Not sure about those ones but i know je spares kits are.Just had a look on je spares but they are out of stock on the flux screw kit but i think they make them up themselves.

Edited by martin34

Not sure about those ones but i know je spares kits are.Just had a look on je spares but they are out of stock on the flux screw kit but i think they make them up themselves.

Just about replaced all mine with the screw kit from je spares,so goodby philips and possi drivers,the kit is spot on...:good:

Just about replaced all mine with the screw kit from je spares,so goodby philips and possi drivers,the kit is spot on...:good:

Going to order a kit on payday :good: .Do you know if the kit includes allen screws for the diff?

I have already drilled the stock ones out so hopefully the screw kits will have some the rite size.

Gurantee it...:good:

I'm just wanting screws that are picked to fit my Savage, and to support Modelsport (And a bit of loyalty too!) :good:

let me know what you end up getting will as i would like to upgrade my screws too as the stock ones are poo

swapped the battery boxes arround now, much better can get lipos in and out with ease!! aslo opend up the hole on top of the lid so the deans would go through it, dident like the stock setup as cables rubbed against the tvp's, just need to get some diff oil next time i go to model shop!!!also fitted my savox sc1268mg servo so will test that when its dry!!

Edited by daymo