• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of quick questions

- how much oil do I need to refill all 4 big-bore shocks ? I can find lots of advice on what weight to use (going to stick with the stock 30 for now) but cant find out how much to buy

- we've sheared off one of the screws which attaches the front face of the bumper to the round arm that attaches to it from the rear and connects to the base of the shock tower (ie the curved arms in part #85234 here ). I think its going to be tricky to get the remains of the screw out without destroying the plastic but I'm reluctant to fork out

Edited by cat7

1 bottle fills all 8 of my shocks and use 50wt but I usually am jumping a lot. The screw you have snapped is a common breakage, buy a new set but drill the hole right through and then use a m3 ish bolt to put right through. Look up Savagejunky on YouTube, he shows a few good DIY mods.

What's people's tyre of choice for hardpack dirt and general hard surface including Tarmac/concrete, got Badlands for grass and mud but need some harder tyres?

I find Big Joes tyres to be great for all types of surface!.

1 bottle fills all 8 of my shocks and use 50wt but I usually am jumping a lot. The screw you have snapped is a common breakage, buy a new set but drill the hole right through and then use a m3 ish bolt to put right through. Look up Savagejunky on YouTube, he shows a few good DIY mods.

Thanks for both of those  - we have the big bore shocks so I think I'll buy a couple of bottles to be on the safe side (i've done a quick estimate based on 1.6cm internal diameter x 7cm stroke = ~14ml per shock). The video link is good too, I'll do that mod rather than try to repair ours