• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Savage Flux owner club

bulletflux 345

The rear Centre shaft shouldn't be the issue, that wouldn't affect mesh. I'd check the motor shaft and the spur, make sure both are spinning clean, not elliptical.

I miss understood your previous post. Best get started I suppose.

Mine has a slight tight spot, but that can only be caused by a bent shaft somewhere.

Went you said bent shaft I immediately thought of the drive shafts  :deadtongue:

About cutting washers? Not easy to explain, pics when I've got time.

:lol:

Edited by DannyP

Seems to be the spur gear. Pinion spins a couple of times fine then it goes a little tight. Maybe the spur isn't perfectly round? I will just mark that spot on the spur and adjust the mesh to suit the tight spot and go from there.

Seems to be the spur gear. Pinion spins a couple of times fine then it goes a little tight. Maybe the spur isn't perfectly round? I will just mark that spot on the spur and adjust the mesh to suit the tight spot and go from there.

I find that they are rarely perfect, most of my RC's always have a tighter spot in the mesh...I just set the mesh on the tightest point so it's a little looser everywhere else

I find that they are rarely perfect, most of my RC's always have a tighter spot in the mesh...I just set the mesh on the tightest point so it's a little looser everywhere else

Lesson learned, always check the mesh all the way round before thread locking and refitting the motor! My plan is to do that, just hope it doesn't end up to loose elsewhere.

Has anyone heard of the Poseidon motors, they do a 1717 1650kv and a 1717 2200kv, I'm wondering if they are comparable to the castle motors

They do a 1527 1500kv too, 40mm x 106mm, also takes 8s...must be a monster of a motor

Links! We need links!

I have E-mailed them asking for shipping costs.

i just got one not long ago lol, maybe if i get another mt then i might do but till then no point

Fair nuff

I will try one if my Castle 1717 dies.