• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6

Hey guys

This is my HPI trophy truggy. I got it for christmas and it was like this for a while. Just plain old stock

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Now it was all good and i was happy with it. It did its job and it worked.

Then i caught a serious disease that is very painful to your wallet called upgraditous. Its an awful disease lol.

Any way i started upgrading it. First i fitted RC Fetish shock socks which fell apart but thats another story.

Then i started buying other bits and bobs. Mainly edit parts which were intended for the Hot Bodies Lightning range. When i had all the edit parts that were avaialble fitted i stopped for a while. Well a couple of days. Then i decided i wanted some anodized parts and ordered some through my Local Hobby Store.

I waited 8 weeks for the parts to arrive, only to find that the purple parts had been discontinued by both HPI and Hot Bodies for the Trophy range and the Lightning range.

Anyway, i was pretty annoyed but then i discovered that UBER RC do an anodizing service.

So off went my parts to be anodized in ORANGE.

And here is the result.

Photo0150.jpg

Photo0148.jpg

Photo0148.jpg

Photo0145.jpg

Photo0146.jpg

Photo0144.jpg

Photo0147.jpg

P1040190.jpg

P1040189.jpg

Photo0151.jpg

Photo0152.jpg

P1040181.jpg

P1040182.jpg

P1040183.jpg

P1040186.jpg

P1040184.jpg

P1040187.jpg

P1040185.jpg

I think it has turned out well.

I do intend to paint a new shell for it at some stage to make it look better but dont know what colour to do it.

I also have a set of proline mulchers on yellow (i know yellow) Proline dish wheels but my mate has them at the minute and i am getting them on Friday.

There is also a spectrum DX3E on its way i hope to be fitted.

The current list of upgrades is as follows:

1. HiTeq Steering servo

2. HPI SF2 Throttle/Brake Servo

3. EDIT anodized aluminium front and rear shock towers

4. EDIT anodized aluminium rear wheel hubs

5. EDIT anodized aluminium steering bellcrank

6. EDIT anodized aluminium centre diff mounts

7. Fitted with a rotostart

8. Currently on HPI TF3 Radio gear (Just till i get my spectrum)

Let me know what you thinkgood.gif

Good finish on them, not to sure on price best to ask him, I'm his mate. Although i'm not a great fan of the orange

But hey thats my opinion

Edited by HUNTER.P

I've already emailed mark and got a quote but the finish look's a tad sketchy on the chassis confused.gif

P1040190.jpg

Edited by dt-10

It looks rusty ph34r.gif

lol upgrade that throttle servo next good.gif

That throttle servo works brilliantly, when I first changed it from a sf-1 I was pulling stoppies but adjuested cause it jus got annoying. Theres nothing wrong with it

The finish certainly doesn't look fantastic, did they not think to sand the chassis down and take away some of the scratches.

I was considering going to Uber for my baja anodising (before I decided to sell) can actually say I'm kind of happy I didn't.

The finish is good but i am not worried about the chassis as it will only get scratched anyway. I would think that if they sanded some of the scratches down so they werent there they would probably lose most if the strength in the chassis and it would bend or break more easily

• 5 weeks later...

hey felo trophiy 4.6'ers!! do u guys think that the screws fitted are very cheap and nasty, and strip out easy?? i had to cut 2 of the engine mount screws off lol, i bought a complete set from my ,local hobbyshop. instead of getting packets of say 10 or more of a screw tht i only need 4 of, they put a full set of screws from all manufactures, they are all silver screws, thy are heat treated and are tstrong as!! hey carmst74, the roto start you have, do u use the xl shaft?? if not what do you use ?? i had to remove the rear bumper until i got the longer shaft, it judt didnt seem long enough :confused:

hey felo trophiy 4.6'ers!! do u guys think that the screws fitted are very cheap and nasty, and strip out easy?? i had to cut 2 of the engine mount screws off lol, i bought a complete set from my ,local hobbyshop. instead of getting packets of say 10 or more of a screw tht i only need 4 of, they put a full set of screws from all manufactures, they are all silver screws, thy are heat treated and are tstrong as!! hey carmst74, the roto start you have, do u use the xl shaft?? if not what do you use ?? i had to remove the rear bumper until i got the longer shaft, it judt didnt seem long enough :confused:

You having fun with it?? LOL

I'm a good mate of carmst74, yeah he uses the extra long shaft it does make it a lot easier to use, I use the normal still, havent been bothered to order the long one.

It can be used, but you have to insert it into the backplate first then attach the rotostart!

And yea the screws are cheap and easy to strip, but I have only stripped a few, it helps if you take your time and use the correct star head!

You having fun with it?? LOL

I'm a good mate of carmst74, yeah he uses the extra long shaft it does make it a lot easier to use, I use the normal still, havent been bothered to order the long one.

It can be used, but you have to insert it into the backplate first then attach the rotostart!

And yea the screws are cheap and easy to strip, but I have only stripped a few, it helps if you take your time and use the correct star head!

yh, i find it easier if u use like a smaller driver, can press down more lol

and how u make ur sig?? fireworks?

yh, i find it easier if u use like a smaller driver, can press down more lol

and how u make ur sig?? fireworks?

photoshop!

Not great at it, just the basics but it worked, your is good too! :good:

ive not had probs with the screws etc just the threaded bit on front cvj joints broke 2 of em :(

done the 17 mm hex conversion now so hopefully wheels should stay on lol

and yep im having fun with mine tho :good: