• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

revo brushless conversion (thinking of selling whats it worth?)

scotty1986

hi all i bagged myself a nice revo on ebay early this morning after the farce i had trying to buy a savage flux roller yesterday,,

anyways the revo is a 3.3 nitro at the min but has all rpm arms and hubs and bumpers,, traxxas red alloy pushrods and tierods, alloy and carbon rockers,, alloy shock mounts ,, picco 26maxx,, jp3 pipe ,, ace ds1015 steering servo,, 3 sets of wheels (maxx mulchers,, badlands on maximiser wheels ,, muggy wheels,, a spare set of maximiser,, about 8 spare servos,, spekky dx3,, original traxxas radio gear and plenty of hump packs glow starts and nitro related stuff

my plan of action is to convert it to brushless , ive had a few revos before but all 3.3 or picco engined ones but never a brushless ,, i have had a good look and play with a couple of erevos but was never keen on the look of the plastic chassis so when i saw the one ive brought on ebay i thought convert it

so my plans when it arrives are to strip all the nitro related stuff of and sell it (after i make sure the engine runs ok ) and sell all the other stuff as all i want is the wheels and  buy a cheap conversion kit seen them for about

Edited by scotty1986

Some haul of stuff, good spec.

Only spec for 4S, and you will not destroy diff's and shafts.

It is recommended to lock the box into second.

I will leave the motor combo to the more experienced .

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

anyone spot any hopups ive missed??

my mate recently did his revo conversion and I was gonna do mine...but I'm glad I didn't...his is forever braking....mainly the centre diff box...he has replaced the plastic gears with Robinson racing ones now.....almost 70 quid for the privilege....and now thats hilighted how crap the rest is..slipper ect...he used the teckno conversion kit aswell...60 quid from the usa.....I'm gonna leave my revo nitro I thk.....but good luck if u do go ahead with it.....hes running a 150 xreun esc andxa 2200kv xerun can....with 2x 2 s 5500mh turnigy hard packs..he runs either a 40-38 th spur and 19-14th pinions.......he has tried my 6s's a few times......way too much for it......it wouldn't last long on 6s imo.... Edited by evssv

They dont usually convert too well mate bad weight distribution, vunrable lipo postition plus the mechanical issues. Ive seen a nippy one on youtube 2700kv on 3s it did wheelies and looked ok speed plus should be easier on the gearbox and diffs.

The nitro revo diffs are weaker than the brushless one but gmp sell some optional ring and pinion gears. To do it right it'll mean beefing the whole drive line but ide leave the centre drive shafts std as the weak link. 

Robisons racing do a gen3 slipper clutch set a little looser might help the box locked in 2nd then mayb buy the robinsons steel 2nd gear and go from there.

I got the full rrp steel foc in seperates and it worked out at near 100 but i started reading people saying just steel 1st might be ok for lrp28 power. 

Ive seen some people bang an erevo gearbox on the nitro too but honestly every conversion ive followed was finished then sold on. 

Thats a nice revo tho a good clean up it should be very nice i like the carbon rockers was it a good price

Integy front spings, tekno rear wing mount proline crowd pleaser shell i think. Mayb a  2007 model based on the shock bodies and radio with 17mm hexs put on. Are the spare servos 2055s 

my mate recently did his revo conversion and I was gonna do mine...but I'm glad I didn't...his is forever braking....mainly the centre diff box...he has replaced the plastic gears with Robinson racing ones now.....almost 70 quid for the privilege....and now thats hilighted how crap the rest is..slipper ect...he used the teckno conversion kit aswell...60 quid from the usa.....I'm gonna leave my revo nitro I thk.....but good luck if u do go ahead with it.....hes running a 150 xreun esc andxa 2200kv xerun can....with 2x 2 s 5500mh turnigy hard packs..he runs either a 40-38 th spur and 19-14th pinions.......he has tried my 6s's a few times......way too much for it......it wouldn't last long on 6s imo....

has his front and rear diff held up ok bud?? did he lock the tranny into 2nd?

has his front and rear diff held up ok bud?? did he lock the tranny into 2nd?

so far they have..but I'm amazed how!!.. .he's locked 2nd though...twice.....hes chewed a few spurs...killed a drive shaft.....but he's got a good few spares...which he was gonna sell. ....I said I wouldn't ..u'll need em...lol!! Edited by evssv

so far they have..but I'm amazed how!!.. .he's locked 2nd though...twice.....hes chewed a few spurs...killed a drive shaft.....but he's got a good few spares...which he was gonna sell. ....I said I wouldn't ..u'll need em...lol!!

What was he breaking in the centre bud ? Was he breaking stuff with it already locked in 2nd

What was he breaking in the centre bud ? Was he breaking stuff with it already locked in 2nd

I thk the first time he used wood screws to screw em together....I kid u not.....that didn't last long....lol...I'm sure he replaced the s rews with something else ...then that went so he got the steel gears......and I seen him proper bodging the shift thing so it would catch as it spun.....I left him to it.......he seemed to thk he knew what he was doing .....the last thing to go on it was the slipper and spur......I've told him to get on here but he won't. ......so I suppose sum..most of it may his inability to do things properly. .......but hes enjoying it when it aint broke..lol!! Edited by evssv

It might hold up to 4s mate, 2650 or 2700 motor would be my choice its less torque more speed. Trackstar 2650kv mayb but its 4s max motor.

The truck looks like ther cvds mate that could be a plus but i dont know what brand they are they could hopfully be mips but not the splinterd ones. Or even the cheap ones on ebay. Or possibly another brand ive not seen.

I sold my traxxas cvds and plan to put  traxxas summit drive shafts on it. 

Idk tho my revo is less than a roller now lol i just couldnt bring myself to sell anymore of it. But i do have a new fitted never used full steel foc kit fitted i might sell for

Heres a revo 3.3E with the 2700kv hobbywing motor its hard to find that motor now but 2650kv should be the same

type revo or emaxx and 2700kv 3s or 4s in youtube some of the trucks look very fast mate. The emaxx on 3s did wheelies the lot. 

Revo 3.3 @ Brushless Speed Run:

I forgot to mention the robisons racing gearbox i have is all wide ration for more speed and less torque which should also help. It will easily outlast any nitro engine inc lrp32 the rest of the revo would frag out tho with a lrp32 lol. The lrp28 was my choice but never happened.

Also look into the erevo gearbox mod that sounded like the best plan ive seen it needs alittle shoe horning in and elevated at one side but works and thats the motor mount sorted too. 

Its lipo placement thats tricky, look at pics people have converted ther lipos are usually hanging over the chassis abit the wrong crash and it might be punctured.

It looks a great truck tho if nothing else you can rag it as nitro and have as much fun. Brushless brings headaches lol. 

looks a bit tame for me kev that revo does ,, ill have a look see if i can find the price for a erevo gearbox and motor mount setup ,, against what you want for your gearbox and a conversion kit,, can yours be locked into second??? if i go brushless it will be a 4s system props around 2200kv motor

• 2 weeks later...

well just a little update ,, the revo is now stripped ,, cleaned ,, gearbox locked in 2nd gear,, savox 1256tg fitted ,,motor mount ordered in blue,, think im gonna drop a trackstar 120a waterproof system in it as only speccing for 4s , and going for a red and blue theme ,, so it should match the pushrods,, 

anyone know where i can get anodised blue or red screws for the beadlocks,, just moved house so wont have any time to use it once its built for a while as lots of diy and decorating to do so may aswell make it pretty while its sat there,, 

also not sure on what shell to go for truggy style or truck??? it will be painted either in flip paint or lame flake any sugestions??

heres a few pics of how she looks 

10432460_10206476485934883_8317088884535

1508177_10206476486054886_56477358128848

10943114_10206476486814905_8394155212809

10968439_10206476487014910_3627109866146

well for anyone thats interested the modelshop had no nice truck shells in so i opted for a proline bulldog shell,, its the first time ive not done the shell in just one colour i tried my luck at a bit of simple masking up and it turned out great,, its lame flake backed with blue with a black rear bed ,, heres a pic (not a very good one though) what do you think??

10632746_10206493827488411_3568142483758