• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Think your taking the lunchbox a little to serious lol there's no straight answer as everyone is different you just have to experiment

You know what....you're right. Have taken the damn FX10 off and chucked it in the bin....back to stock and looking for the next project!

Using a third shock allows the rear end to flex to go round corners and over rough terrain. You can just stick some screws though to hold the rear end solid if you want. Seen it done but haven't drove one like that to see how it handles.

Can I be added to the list, please? My Midnight Pumpkin should be here tomorrow with a bit of luck. I'll build it as per the instructions to start with, then I can start changing things on it once I've got the hang of using it.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

As a teenager, I owned an original LB back in '87 ... well my teenage son just got into the RC hobby and I decided to join him, so I picked up a Montero Wheelie because although I owned many, measurably 'better' cars over the years, none of them were ever as fun as the LB chassis.

There are alot more goodies around than I remember back in '87 and I wanted to find out if any in the community had any experience with them.

First, is there any place to find the Junfac axle mount anymore? I would like to mod the rearend with more control arms and this looks like an excellent piece to start with .. but I cannot for the life of me find a set for sale, even from the manufacturer.

lunch_box_axle_mount1.jpg

secondly, has anyone used THESE DAMPERS?

mLWiUjSeu37XDZdfTF7rYNw.jpg

They look like an interesting solution, using the existing recessed mounts (I always thought the U-Brackets were a bit 'fiddly') but my concern is that there will be no way to attach a strut brace with these and I'll end up punching holes in my chassis (been there).

Thanks in advance, it's been great looking thru all the fun builds!

-G

Make sure to build it with bearings and NOT the awful plastic and brass bushes Richard, will make for much smoother running and better battery life.

RCBearings.co.uk

:)

im pretty sure you must work for RcBearings.co.uk , most of your posts on the forum are "make you sure you build it with proper bearings from RcBearings.co.uk" :P

looking at these post i really need to get me a lunch box! i wounder if i made one like Praet0r87 and used it to carry my lunch to college, if i'd get bullied. much as well take the risk!

Greetings all,

First, is there any place to find the Junfac axle mount anymore? I would like to mod the rearend with more control arms and this looks like an excellent piece to start with .. but I cannot for the life of me find a set for sale, even from the manufacturer.

lunch_box_axle_mount1.jpg

-G

JunFac have stopped manufacturing this item - DISCONTINUED

http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=419

I have been searching for 6 months and have not got one.  I have an open search on ebay, and only one has come up (this one was for the Hornet, but essentially same item, just extra bits that differ) in the last 6 months, It sold for

Edited by Buket_List_RC

hi all

back after 2 years with a little pumpkin project this will be my 12th lunch/pumpkin build (3(4) are mine the rest have been built for other people)

pic's when its done - just the usual mods - shocks, braces, fx10 arms, wheels and a few not so usual mods

re. junfac axle brace they have been discontinued for well over a year now, im currently looking at getting a few made if I can get the costs down to a reasonable price

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Lunch Box No. 2; I finally got round to uploading photos of old and new.

Lunch Box 1: in standard colour scheme does not look quite like this now, smashed up, but just as fun.

Lunch Box 2: broke the front suspension after 10 mins of messing about, need to fix up ASAP.

Slide Show Link and some Feature Photos:

http://s938.photobucket.com/user/ma207ma207/slideshow/

1-5_zpsda7c54f0.jpg

2-2_zpsadb7b780.jpg

2-8_zpsf98ee9f7.jpg

Mk.

Edited by Buket_List_RC
  • Like 1