• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

oshkosh t3000 6x6 airport fire and rescue truck ARFF 1/11.5

the detail you have put into this is amazing, i wouldnt even know where to start with something like this :lol:

i had no plans when i started. what i did was focus on one piece at a time . i believe if the real one was made , a scaled one can be.

is this a customers truck joe??

just out of interest do you have any pics of this or the other big brute next to a stock truck for size comparrison???

stunning as ever though mate :thumbsup:

is this a customers truck joe??

just out of interest do you have any pics of this or the other big brute next to a stock truck for size comparrison???

stunning as ever though mate :thumbsup:

here a 30 ich stretched king hauler

SANY1219.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i have a scale for things like this.

it begins at 0- being awful and it ends at 10- being epic

this thing was registering at least 20 by the end of page 1. i'd tell you what it is now but my counter broke halfway through page 2

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

hey evrybody,   really sorry about leave of absense here.

i had huge mishap with the firetruck, i was installing the electronic for the boom and the electronic compartment started to have a serious melt down.  bottom line was i loss i all of it .  very expensive  booboo. it wiped out most of the lights too.   sooooo i had to tare it down and basically start over .    so while i have it apart i will do some upgrades, ive paint chassis, change the tires and rims, upgraded the servos ,added anothe axle etc.   ive also went from a 6x6x4 to and 8x8x6. 

what was taking so long that i really had to get over the melt down. im sure we have all been there one time or another.   so enough of this and let get started

SANY2050.jpg
SANY2051.jpg
SANY2052.jpg
SANY2053.jpg
SANY2054.jpg
SANY2055.jpg
SANY2057.jpg
SANY2065.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

so when it came to the lights on the rear engione compartment , i was right , they all were burnt. soooooooooooooo, time to break out some new ones . i have rc4wds bruiser light kit here, perfect for what i need for running lights. i use 2 sets, 4 reds and 4 yellow, did some splicing. plugs right into the receiver , later i will add and on/off swith, the bumper lights are fine. ive also added a back up light top center
SANY2164.jpg

lights, lights, and more lights lol! insane
any way , while i had the radiator out , ive add some electric fans(fake)
SANY2165.jpg

• Like 1