• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Experience with Wheelspinmodels

adamoc

I have had the worst experience with wheelspinmodels, which has just led me to complain to their payment processor. I'm interested to find out other people's experience with this company or am I just the only one.

Is it common for them to charge your card for out of stock items and not inform you? I find this highly unethical, companies should only charge a card once the item has been shipped.

If Modelsport put photos on their site they could blow these guys off the face of the Internet!

I have had the worst experience with wheelspinmodels, which has just led me to complain to their payment processor. I'm interested to find out other people's experience with this company or am I just the only one.

Is it common for them to charge your card for out of stock items and not inform you? I find this highly unethical, companies should only charge a card once the item has been shipped.

If Modelsport put photos on their site they could blow these guys off the face of the Internet!

MS do put photos on their site? Practically every model has a photo, just some spare parts like those niggling missing screws dont but you can solve that simply by entering the part number in the search box from your models manual.

Edited by m3lyc

MS do put photos on their site? Practically every model has a photo, just some spare parts like those niggling missing screws dont but you can solve that simply by entering the part number in the search box from your models manual.

Not in my experience when buying spare parts. Not the other day anyway. I shall be using MS from now on.

Gee wiz. I just had a half wit response from Wheelspin that because they don't advertise that an item is IN or OUT of stock they think that's ok. LOL please.

Not in my experience when buying spare parts. Not the other day anyway. I shall be using MS from now on.

Gee wiz. I just had a half wit response from Wheelspin that because they don't advertise that an item is IN or OUT of stock they think that's ok. LOL please.

Alas, you are not the first, nor I doubt the last, to post about wheelspin taking money for out of stock items. :(

i have visited this shop as o live nearby,and believe me,this is a shop i would certainly not recomend,there instore service is awful,so is there atitude towards new ppl into rc.i went to by some 17mm truggy wheels,they said that they dont stock them,but on there web site they have numerous sets for sale,when i explained this they just said web site and instore items are never upto date,they sure are a strange bunch

I had a similar experience a while ago but have bought off them since without a problem but they are very unprofessional towards customers on the phone,I dont use them anymore and wont in the future...... :good:

I've used them quite a bit and in all honesty, I've got what i've payed for.

The only downside is their 'Service & Repair' service. They still have my car, after 3 weeks of having it and still they haven't had the time to look at it. Again, advertising a service/product they can't supply.

Will not be using them again.

lets play nice guys we dont need to slag of any modelshop it isnt going to help our sport in anyway the more you slag it off the less people will use them and this will mean the model shop could get into dificulty and if the worst comes to the worst it could shut down. which would mean less people getting into the sport so stop slagging shops off they try there best.

A

Or a member of staff could read this and realise they need to buck up their ideas?

At the end of the day, for every complaint theres 100 other perfect transactions. My mate orders all his stuff from them and has never had a problem. I personally use Modelsports as theyre really quick, excellent on the phone and you can easily see whats in stock etc.

Damo

I think rather than view this as slagging off wheelspin it would be more constructive criticism should and members of wheelspin see this thread.

I think you are right about them getting into difficulty but if a shop actually does what it should do people will go back to them time and time again.

I have shopped with them before and as Mr T says they are incredibly unprofessional towards customers. They only seem to care about the money once the order is placed, you get no e-mails nothing. My sister ordered a set of wheels for my Hyper as part of my Christmas present. They took 3 weeks to arrive and at no point were helpful on the phone.

As I've said a good shop looks after it's customers and will do anything for them as they know they'll keep coming back and that's how you'll grow your customer base, From the dealings I have had with JE and MS they have both been amazing. I will keep shopping with them, however I will not deal with Wheelspin because of past experience.

I think everyone is big enough to make their own decisions on who they shop with, but all this is, is friendly advice like you'd give with any part on the forum

Chris

• 1 year later...

It could just be an unlucky order, because I REALLY LIKE wheelspin because the things I have ordered off them have come quickly and their prices are competitive. I think they are great also because they have a specific section for my Trophy Truggy 4.6 and most places don't sell much stuff for the car and Wheelspin do virtually all of it.

TBH i was in the same boat as you but for STOMOdels because they told me it had been dispatched, when they didn't have the product in stock (after a week of them saying, please call back later...etc" but I suppose you can't hate a company for one bad order. :P

I must be alone, But id rather the cash get taken off my card there and then, wether the item in stock or not.

For example, IF I make a £50 order, And a £10 part is out of stock, They charge £40, Post it. Then take £10 when the next product is in stock

WHY do this, Just take the £50 and send it when you get it, Why take 2 lots of money?

Really annoys me, I look at my bank statement and thnk great got X amoiunt left, forgetting that random back orders are going to come out of that.

Really really angers me they take it in stages lol.

Guess im the only one

Winds me up, Modelsport just did it to me and in the meantime I didn't realise\forgot and maxed the card out so the back ordered stuff had to wait. Some places say they can't order without taking payment up front, some places it is illegal to do so.

I only ever put 1 order in with Wheelspin, still waiting for it after 2 years.

Edited by Lurch

Ive been lucky with Wheelspin.

I have used them several times, and always had my item sent reasonably quick..

I usually use their E-Bay shop as i know they will have what their advertising then, and ive had some cracking deals of them.

I did ring them once for advice on one of their products, and their attitude on the phone was, awfull..

Theres certainly room for improvement in their service..

lets play nice guys we dont need to slag of any modelshop it isnt going to help our sport in anyway the more you slag it off the less people will use them and this will mean the model shop could get into dificulty and if the worst comes to the worst it could shut down. which would mean less people getting into the sport so stop slagging shops off they try there best.

A

They are a business not a chairty. If they want my custom then they had better deliver.

Never dealt with this actual shop in question though.