• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How to post pics on the forum

-BEZ-

This is a simple and straight forward guide on how to display pictures on the MSUK Forum.

Step 1

This is a really simple one, make sure you have uploaded your pictures to a image hosting service, below are some example of some free image hosting websites:

or, use the gallery on here

note: you cannot directly link images off your hard drive

Step 2

To embed the image into your thread or signature you need the image URL, In most cases this can be obtained by right clicking on the image and selecting the option "Copy image URL" once you have selected this the image URL will be stored in the computers clipboard(memory).

Step 3

You are now ready to insert that image URL on to your thread to display your picture. This can be done in 2 ways.

Computer/laptop method

1.  If you are using a computer or laptop use the tool bar in the thread editor (located above where you are typing, If you can not see the tool bar click the use full editor button) on the bottom row in the middle there is a little logo of a picture.

imagelinking.png

2.  Click that and a small window will popup paste the stored image URL into the box that appears. then click OK.  Once you click OK the image will be displayed in your thread that you are writing/editing

Phone and Tablet method

If you are using a phone or tablet its possible the toolbar will not be displayed when you are creating your threads, so you will need to use a very tiny bit of HTML to embed your pictures.

An example of this is below:

imageurl_zpsc1e46ca6.jpg

The part in the square brackets is the HTML code by putting those parts at the beginning and at the end of your pasted image URL it will display as a picture as above instead of:

http://i650.photobuc...zpsc1e46ca6.jpg

By following the guide you can display pictures that look like this:

Never-Say-No-To-Panda---Grey.png

• Like 3

Just to add, if using photobucket, you won't need to type out the HTML code in even when on a mobile device,just click the button to share (if you are using the mobile app select an uploaded photos from you album, then long press/hold and click view links, a box of four diffrent codes will show, IMG is the last one), and out of the list of codes pick the one with the word IMG if you tap it it will automaticly copy the code WITH the IMG HTML bit, I found out the hard way as I tired putting the code in front of it when it already had it haha!

Well worth getting the PB app if you use PB I know some of you don't like it but it works for me, anyways the app saves searching for and then logging in via a browser/google every time you want to get a photo of of it.

1^ to Bez for a simple and well written guide.

Edited by TheCollectiveAnt

Imgur is the better of the upload sites. 

when you select images from your computer to upload you also have the choice to resize them with imgur 

640 x 480 is the most pouplar size for websites not overly large and not micro small.

it is also a good idea to have a spare backup site incase one is offline for a reason.

most users will have either an imgur and photobucket account or some other upload site.

the second is the spare backup incase things on the internet are a little slow/broken

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi , I'm having trouble posting pics  I've followed the advice and copied and pasted the URL into the pop up box but can't get any further than this any ideas thanks.

Can you post an example of a url you are pasting into the popup box?

Hi , ive posted pics before on other sites but not for a while using photobucket for some reason the url seems to be really long probably 4 times longer than the example given and it won't let me copy and paste onto here. Ive tried using imageshack and the code is just as long , I will put my thinking cap on ,thanks for the reply. 

• 9 months later...

Hi, I am trying to add some pictures (first time on here) but when I paste the IMG code from Photobucket nothing is happening, so I tried the image box on the toll bar and copied and paste it into the box, pressed OK and again nothing happened, anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong, I'm not a newbie to forums and most days I add pictures somewhere but this one has beat me :confused:

I also cannot copy and paste text from a word document either , does copy and paste not work here ?

Edited by shepp75

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt147/everclear1984/Mobile Uploads/20150925_155302_zpsisdrdkzm.jpg

That's how a photobucket image code now appears ^^

I'm posting from my phone via the website, not an app.

Edited by everclear1984

• 1 month later...

i have uploaded loads of pics before but all im getting now is

Attachment Quota

0%

You have used 0 B of your 1 MB attachment limit.

Edited by turok007

20150925_155302_zpsisdrdkzm.jpgAre you trying to upload directly or are uoi using photobucket or something similar?

im clicking on my attachments  and all im getting is this.  and no options to download.  or am i missing something as it was all ok before the update.

Attachment Quota

0%

You have used 0 B of your 1 MB attachment limit.

Upload your image to photobucket and copy the direct link, then go to 'insert other media' below the text box on here. Click 'insert image from URL' and paste the direct link into the box that appears. Finally, click 'insert into post' and your image should appear.

Edited by everclear1984