• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Adventure's of Ting Ting's E-Revo

Tingting44

what ones would u suggest then revo rocks, as i think i can still change the order as they will not be posted until tom? o.O has to be from modelsport uk tho bro

it cant be no more than the total all ready tho as the mrs is going nuts! im spending more on tyres than i do on our real car lol, so i need some decent rims and tyres for £72.31 from msuk OFF ROAD lol

Edited by Tingting44

would these fit the erevo's 17mm hex's tho?

PL1132-00 - Pro-Line Badlands MT Tyre (1pr) £21.84

logo_proline.gifpl1132.jpg Price and Availability RRP: £22.99 Our Price: £21.84 In Stock In Basket

icon_basket.gif

Remove Qty: <BR style="CLEAR: both">Pro-Line Badlands MT Tyre (1pr) Specification ScaleClassWheel DiameterPack Contents1:10Truck & Truggy2.8"2Are you ready to terrorize the terrain? If so, then the Badlands MT tire is the answer for you.

The Badlands MT tire offers motocross style tread that is for adrenaline pumping Monster Truck and Truggy bashing. The Badlands tread is made strictly for the motocrosser in you. Its oversized grass and dirt shredding lugs offer you the ultimate in performance under all-terrain type conditions.

The lugs are designed to ensure longevity while spitting up the surface below. Made from soft yet durable XTR compound, the Badlands tire is poised for battle and ready to take your Monster Truck or Truggy to the next level.

• Features:

• Super-aggressive styling
  • Motocross style tread for longevity and superior traction
  • Comes with firm foam inserts
  • Made from soft and durable XTR compound
  • Supplied in pairs

Tire Dimensions: 5.84"OD x 2.72"W Weight: 178g (Tire only)

EDIT I AM SUCH A NOOB :(

Edited by Tingting44

You need to be more patient and stop spending large chunks of money so quickly ;)

Wait for replies before ordering, no point in asking, ordering then looking at replies :confused:

Those tires won't fit those rims you've bought, as they are 3.2" inner diameter. Any of these will fit however.

Just slow down with spending money,

hey revorocks and mgtlover100, i know i have only myself to blame! :( i am an idiot sometimes i just am eager to get her back on the road :( you say about thread locking with blue stuff revo rocks, i hear a lot about thread locking but what is it actually?

thanks for that list of rims revorocks, if u dont mind would u have the link to the tyres that fit them just to make sure i dont mess up again, sorry to bother u buddy, and thank you :) i will just wait for the replies like u said :(

edit one more thing revorock, our erevo's says they take 3.8" 17mm hex wheels but that list all of them are 3.2" 17mm hex???

Edited by Tingting44

Ok let me explain some things for you.

3.2", 2.2", 2.8", 3.8" are all diameters of the wheels (and the inner diameter of the tires).

Think of it as a size.

The only thing you generally need to worry about, is the hex size, in your case, the wheels need to be 17mm hex, in order to fit the Revo's 17mm hexes.

If you buy 17mm 3.2" wheels, you need to get 3.2" tires. The hex size is seperate to the size. You could get 23mm, 12mm, 14mm 3.2" wheels. The tires will still fit as long as they are 3.2".

So for the 3.2" wheels I linked to (which are all 17mm), go for some 3.2" tires, like the Proline Badlands I suggested, or any of these.

JUST MAKE SURE YOU POST BACK HERE AND WAIT FOR A GOOD REPLY BEFORE ORDERING! :lol:

I say try to stick to Proline, as they are generally very good. HPI rims aren't bad though.

The rims you've ordered (if you can't cancel your order won't fit (or might fit with a stretch) 3.2" tires.

hey revorocks! thanks for explaining it more for me, i think i get it now lol i still have so much to learn in this hobby but im loving learning :) i will have a good pick through that list of rims and tyres u posted buddy and get back to ya and see what you think :) OH! and the thread locking, thats just where you use the screws with a bit a what looks like blue tape wrapped on the thread? so i take it once u use these screws it permenantly locks the thread right? how would you go about getting the buggers out then lol

hey joe thanks for your input, i need every bit :) will have a look at them aswell, thank you mate :)

hey revorocks! thanks for explaining it more for me, i think i get it now lol i still have so much to learn in this hobby but im loving learning :) i will have a good pick through that list of rims and tyres u posted buddy and get back to ya and see what you think :) OH! and the thread locking, thats just where you use the screws with a bit a what looks like blue tape wrapped on the thread? so i take it once u use these screws it permenantly locks the thread right? how would you go about getting the buggers out then lol

hey joe thanks for your input, i need every bit :) will have a look at them aswell, thank you mate :)

thread lock is a liquid

put a dab on the thread, screw it in and it stops the screw from working itself loose :good:

you can undo them after just takes a bit more effort

so then this is what i am thinking, which isnt normally right lol

for the rims

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car/item/HPI-101156-HPI-7-Spoke-Black-Chrome-Trophy-Truggy-Wheel-17mm-Hex-1-Pair__10b96/

and the tyres

actually i might just go with these, i did post these ones before but these should defo fit right? lol

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car/item/PL1132-00-Pro-Line-Badlands-MT-Tyres-3-2-Inch-Pair__1ef3/

thread lock is a liquid

put a dab on the thread, screw it in and it stops the screw from working itself loose :good:

you can undo them after just takes a bit more effort

sweeeet, might look for some now, so i could use that stuff on every screw right?

edit: sweet found some :)

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=32396

Edited by Tingting44

Don't use that HPI crap, it's pants. Get some proper Locktite threadlocker (the blue one NOT THE RED)

I like to use the Pritt Stick style one, you should be able to pick them up in any local Halfords or similar ;)

Wheel and tire combo will work, although I wouldn't choose it (looks wise) :whistling:

Your choice at the end of the day though mate!

sweeeet, might look for some now, so i could use that stuff on every screw right?

edit: sweet found some :)

http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=32396

Every screw into metal, yes. Threadlock has a tendency to melt some plastics.

I'm pretty sure those wheels and tyres will fit, although it'd be good to get a second opinion.

weet good to know joe :)

revorocks, i know i have some weird taste dont i looool, i wont bother with that threadlock then, i will see if halfords have some on there website now :)

edit:

cant find none on halfords but seen a few on ebay, what strength do u go for? there are loads, can only see the liquid ones not the pritt stick ones tho buddy

just reading this nightmare lol

threadlock help! i used some thread lock off hobby king on the bolts that hold my engine in and the prop on, but the threadlock is so strong, i cant undo them! and iev broken a prop so ireally need to, if anyone has any tips for braking this so called threadlock ( im calling in glue) please help!

sweeeeet

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_199363_langId_-1_categoryId_165691

Edited by Tingting44

weet good to know joe :)

revorocks, i know i have some weird taste dont i looool, i wont bother with that threadlock then, i will see if halfords have some on there website now :)

edit:

cant find none on halfords but seen a few on ebay, what strength do u go for? there are loads, can only see the liquid ones not the pritt stick ones tho buddy

just reading this nightmare lol

threadlock help! i used some thread lock off hobby king on the bolts that hold my engine in and the prop on, but the threadlock is so strong, i cant undo them! and iev broken a prop so ireally need to, if anyone has any tips for braking this so called threadlock ( im calling in glue) please help!

sweeeeet

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_199363_langId_-1_categoryId_165691

Yep that's the stuff!