• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My E-Revo Brushless with a few Mods

Granby

I don't know how you keep breaking CVD's, so far on 6S I've broken just 1 driveshaft, and that was in the snow. Loosen your slipper a bit...

The slipper is to loose already and still breaking cvds... maybe your afraid to use all the power or have 15c-20c battery's?

The slipper is to loose already and still breaking cvds... maybe your afraid to use all the power or have 15c-20c battery's?

I'm not afraid, and I run 30C 5000mah Turnigy's so it's certainly getting all the power.

Admittidly I don't use all the power most of the time, if I ever get to full throttle it just flips.

I have my slipper set so that it can't do standing backflips, if I do full throttle, the slipper will slip, however my slipper does not get very hot when running the truck.

Weelies are no problem as well...

Yup mine is also adjusted so I can't do standing backflips and can only wheelie once rolling. I play with the slipper clutch every time I use the car. I have buckled and sheared so many steel cvds now its not funny. Hopefully these new versions are stronger that I have ordered. Wish in a way I had gone for 4s as I personally don't think the e-revo can handle 6s yet.

Here are some pics of the nano's in the battery compartment, i don't have the little brackets in there as i've got some orion lipos that fit perfectly, all i have to do with the nano's is put the little pieces of foam in at the from of the compartment

RadioControl065.jpg

RadioControl066.jpg

The first thing ur break is the plastic driveshafts. I keep breaking the steel traxxas upgrade versions with 6s! I Just ordered some hopefully more beefy cvds from AsiaTees Hobbies, plus a few other little bits.

Have you got a link for the driveshafts, just in case lol

Link Not sure if they are any better yet than the steel traxxas versions. But they seem to have a wider section of steel in the centre which might help stop them bending.

I managed to get pictures up yesterday somehow when browsing the site for a while. But I agree atm I can't get a picture up :017:

edit:

If you go on Revo hop ups you can see the same part with pictures link

Edited by 1uke

I managed to get pictures up yesterday somehow when browsing the site for a while. But I agree atm I can't get a picture up :017:

edit:

If you go on Revo hop ups you can see the same part with pictures link

Brilliant, let us know how you get on with them smile.gif

Thanks for the pics :good:

I have some 2S Nanos on the way, if the 3S fit then it's a fair assumption the 2S will.

Had a bit of a nightmare getting my older Turnigy's to fit though, had to cut the door and a part of the chassis :confused:

Thanks for the pics :good:

I have some 2S Nanos on the way, if the 3S fit then it's a fair assumption the 2S will.

Had a bit of a nightmare getting my older Turnigy's to fit though, had to cut the door and a part of the chassis :confused:

You will have to cut the battery doors most of the time to get LiPo's to fit. I didn't have to cut the chassis though, what LiPo's where they?

You will have to cut the battery doors most of the time to get LiPo's to fit. I didn't have to cut the chassis though, what LiPo's where they?

Problem is i run a few different LiPo's.

IMAG0059-1.jpg

Had to cut the doors from the latch back to get the Turnigys to fit, and had to cut out a section of chassis next to the latch to get the SMC's to fit :confused:

Another little mod done, rear chassis brace, seen this a few times and it is supposed to stiffen the the rear section of the chassis, if it works great, if not then its just a little bit of wasted time lol (but still looks good smile.gif)

Used a standard pushrod from the erevo, bolts straight onto the rear body mount and as i have the motor mount the other end i just drilled a hole and bolted it to that, if you don't have the motor mount most people just make up a plate and bolt that to the top of the shock absorber mounting

RadioControl076.jpg

RadioControl077.jpg

RadioControl078.jpg

Second time i've been given that link today :lol:

I'm cb6fs on the traxxas forum, so it's me that's been asking those daft questions on the LT rockers :whistling:

Second time i've been given that link today :lol:

I'm cb6fs on the traxxas forum, so it's me that's been asking those daft questions on the LT rockers :whistling:

lol i didn't notice the name of who was asking, i'm also Granby on there smile.gif

Thanks to valdimir for supplying me with a hobbyking heat sink & fan, i've now replaced my castle creations motor fan with the hobbyking item, there was nothing actually wrong with the castle creations item and i never had any temp issues but i thought bigger is better biggrin.gif

Had to cut the heat sink down a bit (don't dremels seem extra noisy at 1 in the morning lol) and i made a groove in it to take a cable tie, once again thanks to valdimir for all the advice and pics good.gif

Old setup

RadioControl035.jpg

Old vs new

RadioControl097.jpg

RadioControl096.jpg

New setup

RadioControl098.jpg

RadioControl099.jpg

Edited by Granby

Sometimes we dont particularly need things to be upgraded. Its the love of the process itself i guess. Well done anyway

Very true, i love the modding side of these and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than doing it on full size cars lol