• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mini, Small, Tiny Nitro

louder

So the T-Maxx is well on its way to being an E-Maxx which means I need a new Nitro in my life. I have a fondness for all things small (keep the jokes to yourself! laugh.gif) and was wondering what small nitros are out there? Whats the smallest nitro out there? Whats the best small nitro out there? Just post any small nitros out there please! They are difficult to find. The internet is a big place and small nitros are well....small.

Thanks.

Hyper 12 Mini ST? :P

that's the only decent small one i know of, there is always the Schumacher Rascal but it always looked bigger than the Hyper Mini in my opinion, i don't know why as the Mini should be bigger as it's 1/12 and the Rascal is 1/16!

or if they are too big for you then you could always try a 1/10 on-road nitro?

Rascal is abit smaller than the Hyper 12 ST although this pic doesn't show it too well, imagine no rear wing and smaller wheels and you'll get the idea......

scales.jpg

It all depends on what you are looking for, the Rascal is a cracking little speed machine, great fun to mess around with but being 2WD it does have its limitations. Theres the CRT.5 which is pretty much the same as the Hyper 12 ST, I have both and as good as they both are I think the CRT.5 has a slight edge over the Hyper 12 ST. This little KYOSHO has tempted me for a while, from what I have read it does seem to get positive reviews and it really is small. The Cen MG16 might be worth looking at, 4WD mini monster truck, good build quality and fun to drive, parts are not the easiest to get hold of immediately over here but from my experience any good shop should be able to order them fairly fast. The one thing that I really don't like about the MG16 is the toyish look of the shell but thats easily changed.

small nitros you mine micro? if so looky ere smile.gif the kyosho ain't bad but the ST suffers diff issues unlike buggy so better off getting INFERNO ZER09

LRP S18BX NITRO

XRAY NT18MT (have one awesome fun) special offer @dms racing OR NT18 CAR

this looks a real bargain m8 i do not own one but do have a kyosho fazer which is very reliable easy to maintain and parts are easy to gethttp

://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=34099

Edited by ansmann1

god, talk about jokes, but it's even in your signature... :o

anyways, I think the Rascal is a great little speed machine, but for any more serious bashing then a Hyper 12 Mini ST will do well, the 4WD should come in nicely. :good:

???

i've had most micro nitros available apart from lrp, so I listed the worthy/durable/enjoyable/reliable models. Sportwerks chaos has flaws if like doing untold mods more than bashing it then thats you rolleyes.gif

I know my sig is funny thats why its there! XD also because am much as I love larger scale cars for me it defeats the point most of the time for me. I can just throw a small truck in my back/in the back of the car etc and keep it with me till I'm ready or find a nice spot.