• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 8/8.5's owners club

Will do mate just had it out today and **** me its nippy . I have a thunder tiger pro .28 in at the min with a 17 tooth clutch bell which I think I have got way with with the engine having a load of torque. I am also usinng a jp1 to compensate for the 17 tooth.

daz

might be incidental now but, does anyone know what weight shock oil the Hyper 8 uses?

I've just stripped down a shock because it was leaking, it looks fine so I'm going to rebuild and refit it, but have no idea what to fill it with.

I've bought some 30 wt (cause that is all my LHS had in stock) but is this right?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Hyper 8/8.5 owners club,

I have a Hyper 8.5 - standard set up - engine Hyper .21 3 port / tuned pipe 5096. My question is how much smoke is meant to come from the tuned pipe while running.

As it came engine settings - no smoke came from the tuned pipe while running so I richen the fuel/air mixture now smoke comes from the tuned pipe - not alot but alittle.

Is this right?

Thanks for your help :)

i'm a complete noob to nitro (and infact have given up on the hyper until i can afford the brishless kit) but I think that it is supposed to smoke pretty much all the time.

have a look at youtube mate there are loads of tutorial videos.

Anyone know of a clear, un-cut shell that will fit the hyper 8? I'm planning on going brushless and would want to get a new shell without the hole for the engine. all of the purpose built hyper 8 shells seem to be pre-cut and pre-painted.

tia

Andy, I bought a JConcepts Illuzion body for Hyper 8.

Obviously i need to trim the front a little different for my 7 but it fits yours as intended.

JCI0029-2.jpg

Mine came from Dinball (RC Mart) via eBay :)

• 2 weeks later...