• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Hey guys, well my gt is on the road to recovery, but i've come to a small problem, when rebuilding a set of my pro shocks, i had to drill out the plastic inserts when i was trying to replace the o'rings (they wouldn't budge, i thought i had others in my spares box but sadly i can't find them), dose anyone happen to know of a cheap replacement other than having to buy 2 rebuild kits?

Also anyone got any tips for gluing wheels and tyres, i don't want to mess them up?

Thanks

Allan

I'll give MS a bell tomorrow, I would have to do a lot more trimming than the edges !

I jus seen ur postman thread ...they came sealed in the proline pack so u may well have to trim them.....but see what ms says first.. Edited by evssv

Hey guys, well my gt is on the road to recovery, but i've come to a small problem, when rebuilding a set of my pro shocks, i had to drill out the plastic inserts when i was trying to replace the o'rings (they wouldn't budge, i thought i had others in my spares box but sadly i can't find them), dose anyone happen to know of a cheap replacement other than having to buy 2 rebuild kits?

Also anyone got any tips for gluing wheels and tyres, i don't want to mess them up?

Thanks

Allan

so what did u drill exactly???the shox piston is either held on with a nut or a e/c clips normnally....or am I on about sumin else???

Thanks

Allan

Hi buddy. Don't know much about getting the 3.5mm little spacers for between the seals. What I would do is look at the shock parts for the Hellfire, Pulse, Kyosho MP7 series and the Losi part TLR5096 they all use 3.5mm shafts. However outer diameter might be slightly different but I think you have more patience with a dremmel than me :)

Hi buddy. Don't know much about getting the 3.5mm little spacers for between the seals. What I would do is look at the shock parts for the Hellfire, Pulse, Kyosho MP7 series and the Losi part TLR5096 they all use 3.5mm shafts. However outer diameter might be slightly different but I think you have more patience with a dremmel than me :)

As for gluing I LIGHTLY scuff the surface of both tyre and wheel bonding area with the dremmel sanding bits then glue dot and hold at 12 o clock & 6 o clock, Then 3 o clock & 9 o clock, then 1 o clock & 7 o clock, then 5 & 9 and so on until it's all spot held then go round it all a bit more liberal with the same opposites method. All held well so far :)

so what did u drill exactly???the shox piston is either held on with a nut or a e/c clips normnally....or am I on about sumin else???

Hi, its at the other end from that, where the o'rings are, there is plastic inserts between the orings and the spring clip holding them all in

I've had a looky and i think that if i can get the dimensions i could get either some plastic tube (of the correct diameter) and cut and drill to suit

As for gluing I LIGHTLY scuff the surface of both tyre and wheel bonding area with the dremmel sanding bits then glue dot and hold at 12 o clock & 6 o clock, Then 3 o clock & 9 o clock, then 1 o clock & 7 o clock, then 5 & 9 and so on until it's all spot held then go round it all a bit more liberal with the same opposites method. All held well so far :)

Cheers, ill give that a go, fingers crossed i don't mess up

Cheers guys

Allan

hey guys I'm about to be getting a truggy soon my wife bought it for my birthday...and I'm already looking into changing some things one of them being tires...i hear the proline road rage are great tires but they do warp at top speed so people have told me to buy them unmounted so i can tape down the foam and then mount...in this case i wanted different rims but unsure which to get...what yous thing?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFCAT&P=7

or

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYPK2&P=7

Hi buddy. Those wheels will only work with the discontinued 40 series tires. The newer road rage use the Traxxas beadsystem meaning that there is no ridge on the outer edge of the rim to slot into it just ends flat.

See the difference: Top one has no channel for the tire to fit in the bottom one does. This is where costly mistakes can be made.

Traxxas bead:

2742-03-2.jpg

40 series:

2722-03-2.jpg

So, just a quick lipo question, put lipo onto lipo charger for storage, whe done all cells are at 3.80v and 15.21v total volatge, (4s pack), got a multymeter too test out, so used the battery for the test, overall volltage was 15.22v, nothing massivly odd, did a check on balance leads, total voltage was again 15.22, but when i did indivigual cells, they all came to 3.79, which adds to 15.16v? but when i do it in pairs it comes at 7.60 which is 3.80v per cell. Do you think its juts the multimeter being awkward? it is a cheaper one of amazon. just wondering if all seems well to you lot? the charger is a overlander rc6-vsp.

So, just a quick lipo question, put lipo onto lipo charger for storage, whe done all cells are at 3.80v and 15.21v total volatge, (4s pack), got a multymeter too test out, so used the battery for the test, overall volltage was 15.22v, nothing massivly odd, did a check on balance leads, total voltage was again 15.22, but when i did indivigual cells, they all came to 3.79, which adds to 15.16v? but when i do it in pairs it comes at 7.60 which is 3.80v per cell. Do you think its juts the multimeter being awkward? it is a cheaper one of amazon. just wondering if all seems well to you lot? the charger is a overlander rc6-vsp.

Better than what I get! 0.01v is nothing to worry about apparently only when they start getting to 0.03 and above cell difference is time to keep a check on them imo some say 0.06!. Each testing device is different  I'm no expert but it's what I've read. It's all to do with resistance in the cells. Resistance will be different depending on whether you test 1 2or 3 cells together or separate giving different readings.

On mine the charger can say 4.20, battery at 4.18 on skyrc battery checker, 4.21 on little flashing led reader thingy, 4.19 on a multimeter so there you have it folks. #Scratches head.

Edited by dazp1976

Better than what I get! 0.01v is nothing to worry about apparently only when they start getting to 0.03 and above cell difference is time to keep a check on them imo some say 0.06!. Each testing device is different  I'm no expert but it's what I've read. It's all to do with resistance in the cells. Resistance will be different depending on whether you test 1 2or 3 cells together or separate giving different readings.

On mine the charger can say 4.20, battery at 4.18 on skyrc battery checker, 4.21 on little flashing led reader thingy, 4.19 on a multimeter so there you have it folks. #Scratches head.

Thats what i though, it might be just the resistance in the diffrernt devices bcause there not out by loads, and with my red buzzer and voltage checker im getting 15.1 total, 3.82, 3.79,3.79,3.79, but its brand new and cheap, so ithats why its me those readings xD

Plan A.

Tell the wife I've had a call-out and need to go to work, when in fact I just go to the depot and could spend my time upgrading and cleaning my car all night.

Plan B

Stay in tonight with her.

Plan A.

Tell the wife I've had a call-out and need to go to work, when in fact I just go to the depot and could spend my time upgrading and cleaning my car all night.

Plan B

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:xd:

Edited by dazp1976
  • Like 1

Plan A.

Plan B

why don't you start with A and see what happens...[emoji6]

bashing time!!!

Finished doing the rear end now and will put a photo up later,. Don't think those tyres I've got will fit the wheels looking at dazp's post from earlier, tyres are traxxas bead, not the end of the world

• Like 1

Isn't it amazing how much you can do when the wife's not about19030ed640041a2d42ea3441677fd250.jpg8635f95f8ffaa38a24a02e2701056afa.jpgcc6b3cfc1e3e319081e4fd9b18b163fe.jpg

That's the front all clean, repaired and upgraded.

Hey Sully...you should the stainless hex screws conversion...their SO much nicer to work with...that was the first upgrade in my truggy...

Get them and you won't be disappointed...[emoji6]

bashing time!!!