• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

<br />could u get these and just use all the existing parts form the truggy suspension, the rods ect?href='http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=ED010161' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.hpiracing...partNo=ED010161

They don't fit. I bought a set from hpi and the standard caps don't fit they ones you need are no longer made and I couldn't find any stock

the .28 is a high torque engine, a 14T clutchbell on it is absolutely rediculous, there is just no load for the engine.

You need a 17T+ bell on it so the engine can use it's torque, you will find acceleration remains unaffected, but top speed is stupendous.

could u get these and just use all the existing parts form the truggy suspension, the rods ect?

http://www.hpiracing...partNo=ED010161

probably not but the rear 1,s would work as they would be right length so 2 sets of rears :)

you dont have a link for the rears do you ?

the .28 is a high torque engine, a 14T clutchbell on it is absolutely rediculous, there is just no load for the engine.

You need a 17T+ bell on it so the engine can use it's torque, you will find acceleration remains unaffected, but top speed is stupendous.

A 17t will not fit without drilling the chassis which I can't be bothered to fuss about with.

Why does the hpi truggy have a 15t standard with a 28 size engine ?? Spur gear different I suppose..

My trophy buggy just has the edge on my mates trophy truggy in top end and eats it on acceleration :-)

Took the TT out earlier for last bash before i strip and put fancy ali parts on, going great, flat out when i heard a thump and a evil whumping noise come from it. Cut the engine and took it home to see what's what but had to go out before i could investigate further. I shouldn't have left it 3hrs, the house stinks and the noise was the remains of a slow worm that is now intergral to the center diff, drive shafts (front and rear) and is what i would call well done around the exhaust! I feel ill! :confused:

Took the TT out earlier for last bash before i strip and put fancy ali parts on, going great, flat out when i heard a thump and a evil whumping noise come from it. Cut the engine and took it home to see what's what but had to go out before i could investigate further. I shouldn't have left it 3hrs, the house stinks and the noise was the remains of a slow worm that is now intergral to the center diff, drive shafts (front and rear) and is what i would call well done around the exhaust! I feel ill! :confused:

!!!

:rofl: :rofl:

We need to quote this!!! :D

Not nice, only just finished cleaning cooked and minced meat out of it, have'nt even started on fitting the shiny bits yet and i've got to get two new bearings to put in my lovely new edit hub carriers, oh well! :blush:

Butcher by name butcher by nature, lmao, but poor little slow worn , he was just prob minding his own business slithering around in the grass looking for insects to eat when POW .. A truggy runs his ass over chews him up then baked him on a burning hot pipe ...

Gloves on for that cleaning up job I think..