• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

4 hours ago, twisty said:

Can anyone tell me how much longer is the truggy chassis than the buggy please?

I am converting a Trophy to 1/5 with a rally car body.

Chassis plates?

Looks like 38mm

• Like 1

Well, damage to the GT is rather more than i thought, some of which i think wasn't helped with one of my front chassis brace having a screw missing). Damage was, front suspension pin holder broke, bent suspension pin, broke shock shaft and bent shock shaft, rear section of front diff case ripped apart, steering post bent and outer plastic bit split/cracked, shock tower bent and ripped 2 screws that hold the front diff rear suspension holder to the chassis.

Definitely quite a haul of broke parts, but the first (not inc engines, that's a whole different story) broke parts in the past year or so of hard bashing, so can't complain too much.

Now waiting on repair parts

Allan

@dazp1976 Thanks for recommending those shock shafts, the buggy took some nasty landings today and just kept going! I'm running 45wt oil in the front with 35wt in the rear, I know that in theory 35wt should be too light but it feels great! Think I'll be sticking with it :)

20160604_163924_6042-1_zpspm5qx5im.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

Biggest mah lipo for truggy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the lipo size. You can get away with a 51x56x164mm just.

I had some 56mm high but If lipo ends up sitting with the cells stacked upright and not on their side they can slip forwards and detatch from the pack. I broke 2 this way and needed to mod a battery box front plate to stop them slipping.

11 minutes ago, RestInPieces said:

2 hours ago, RestInPieces said:

Anyone fancy selling me flux motor mount and battery holders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't find a motor mount anywhere :huh: The ones I do are stupid money! It's either unavailable or on order which is worrying.

These below I was selling as a new set for £25. I have 1 complete new set left which was for mine. I'd take £24 otherwise it stays as my spare.

$_57.jpg

11 minutes ago, crazyfrog said:

Could someone tell me the width of the D8/Vorza shock mounts. I want to fit some shocks with a 5mm top shock mounting hole.

This bit? The end where shock cap/bushing slides on? I have some so can look but will only be a close look with a ruler. Have no calipers.

67410_67410_01p_800_600.jpg

47 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

This bit? The end where shock cap/bushing slides on? I have some so can look but will only be a close look with a ruler. Have no calipers.

Yes that bit. The shocks I bought have a 5mm wide bushing so need to standoffs with a 5mm width.

I need to know to the mm as the 6mm standoffs I have dont fit.

6 hours ago, crazyfrog said:

Yes that bit. The shocks I bought have a 5mm wide bushing so need to standoffs with a 5mm width.

I need to know to the mm as the 6mm standoffs I have dont fit.

Yes,they are 5mm,i have a spare set here if you are local?

15 hours ago, twisty said:

Yes,they are 5mm,i have a spare set here if you are local?

not to leeds I'm towards preston. Could you post and price?

I need a front and rear set to mount these https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F85107%5F%5FTrackStar%5F1%5F8%5FAluminum%5FShock%5FAbsorber%5FSet%5F106mm%5F2%5FSN%5F814102.html

26 minutes ago, crazyfrog said:

not to leeds I'm towards preston. Could you post and price?

I need a front and rear set to mount these https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F85107%5F%5FTrackStar%5F1%5F8%5FAluminum%5FShock%5FAbsorber%5FSet%5F106mm%5F2%5FSN%5F814102.html

They're normally £4.73 + p&p per pair for the standoffs alone.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-shock-stand-off-2pcs-/rc-car-products/381068

I will do my last 2 new pairs + M3 x 25mm bolts (standard are 22mm a bit short)  + nuts + some M3 x 9mm washers so they can't pop off for £9.50 posted incl fees.

Will post pic at request :thumbsup:

Edited by dazp1976

4 minutes ago, sunny said:

From your vids it looks like that buggy can take one hell of a beating, have you upgraded any parts?

I got fed up with chassis bending so I captured the anti bend rods to stop them popping off and added an extra rod at the rear. Since making those simple changes I've had zero issues :)