• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Cheers.

I'm not doubting you mate, but I can't get my head round the need to remove the one way bearing thing?

To my mind, the engine is spinning anti-clockwise when viewed from the flywheel end as it's running without having any adverse effect on the pullstart, so why would spinning it in the same direction on a starter box make any difference?

Not trying to be an antagonist mate, but the penny just isn't dropping for me! :blush:

You dont have to remove it but sometimes it trys to pull the pull start in, although never done it myself. Try it and see

You dont have to remove it but sometimes it trys to pull the pull start in, although never done it myself. Try it and see

I can see where you are coming from, whenever my pullstart jams I turn the flywheel round and it brings it in. But surely it is no different to a normal engine turning at LESS than 34,000rpm that it maxes out at!

I can see where you are coming from, whenever my pullstart jams I turn the flywheel round and it brings it in. But surely it is no different to a normal engine turning at LESS than 34,000rpm that it maxes out at!

Yeah, that's my thinking too.

No practical experience tho, purely based on theoretical thinking!

Yeah, that's my thinking too.

No practical experience tho, purely based on theoretical thinking!

I think that the theory will reign supreme here... just checked the HPI official stuff, nothing about removing a pullstart for a starter box. So it should/will be fine to use one.

sorry no pics of my 1 yet only hsad it 3-4 months lol

upgrades are as follows

17mm hex conversion (fed up breaking the threaded bit of the cvj's , was only a little cartwheel lol )

inline fuel filter

2.4ghz radio (spekky dx3s)

still using the pullstart as i find it not hard to start so wont be fitting a roto start anytime soon (got 1 or 2 lying about lol )

i really enjoy running it great truggy :good:

Edited by Stormbringer

Well I managed to get 2 and a half tanks through my trophy but then the session came to an end. I lost the 12mm screw that holds the steering arm to the servo. When I tried another 12mm screw I couldnt get it to hold seems the nut keeps cutting the screws thread so im going to need to find some more 3mm nuts somewhere and crack back on.

nice looking truggys u guys have wonder how these would go with a nice brushless convertion in them

I know someone who has done one, I will try to find pics and video.

And I know someone who is currently converting although I cant say who :P

nice looking truggys u guys have wonder how these would go with a horrible, useless, no-fun, boring, slow brushless convertion in them

NOOOO! Nitro all the way. No leccys here, sorry! Hot Bodies I think have an electric model though.

I got a question - took my truggy out yesterday and it seems to stall whenever i brake? I have set the idle screw to around 1mm gap on carb but it keeps doing it but does it less once its warmed up (i think) is this a sign of clutch springs/shoes worn?? its still new though and barely done more than half a gallon of fuel...

I got a question - took my truggy out yesterday and it seems to stall whenever i brake? I have set the idle screw to around 1mm gap on carb but it keeps doing it but does it less once its warmed up (i think) is this a sign of clutch springs/shoes worn?? its still new though and barely done more than half a gallon of fuel...

Maybe... the clutches on these arent brill, id like to get another

Well I managed to get 2 and a half tanks through my trophy but then the session came to an end. I lost the 12mm screw that holds the steering arm to the servo. When I tried another 12mm screw I couldnt get it to hold seems the nut keeps cutting the screws thread so im going to need to find some more 3mm nuts somewhere and crack back on.

The ironicity is UNBELIEVABLE! This exact same thing happened to me! In fact I may even put a formal warning on the front page...

Maybe... the clutches on these arent brill, id like to get another

The ironicity is UNBELIEVABLE! This exact same thing happened to me! In fact I may even put a formal warning on the front page...

aye that screw came loose on me too!

Seems to be a common fault. Got it all tuned now and running sweet these are nice and quick. Although had a run in with the kerb and bent the front drive shaft and I think I also bent the chassis / skid plate slightly but not to much. How do you guys find the acceleration its seems to run like a turbo picks up and goes then at a certain point really picks up and off she goes.

Thats what I just put on the front page... and what I'll get soon too! This screw thing is mad, +2 again...

Edited by henzy190

Thats what I just put on the front page... and what I'll get soon too! This screw thing is mad, +2 again...

aghh was trying to tune my engine and this happen :( does anyone have a better idea on how to fix this problem?

photo5.jpg

image.jpg