• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revorocks's E-Revo Brushless Edition

Revorocks

The build continues :D

Is it just me or is that monumental packing wastage in that box?

I love the box. If I pay nearly £200 I expect it to be wrapped up nicely, loads of foam and very neat :good:

Really hope this soldering iron arrives tomorrow so I can take it for a spin!

I'm just waiting for these inserts to dry then I can get the Badlands glued to the new rims :good:

Edited by revorocks

It lives!

Took it for a blast on 4S just now in the dark, not for long but man this thing is fast! I'll try to get some video of it tomorrow :good:

Took me a while to work out all the kinks with the wiring and braking settings, updated the ESC firmware and programmed it how I like it.

I did find under hard acceleration that the back end sags down so much that the titanium skidplate hits the floor and emits white sparks! Looks very cool :lol:

I'll take some pics now

Edited by revorocks

Just been for a drive in the park on 6S, it's awesome! Slightly undergeared on 19/54 as the motor gets hot but the ESC fan is let to turn on the fan.

One of the tires has come untaped now so it balloons a bit :(

Still, very controllable and didn't roll it once. So much easier to drive than the Savage Flux as you can actually put the power down :good:

Got some video, I was driving with one hand and filming at the same time so excuse the bumpyness, the Savage Flux in the video is Liam's (liam09)

Great now I have to keep it in the shed because my t*** of a step dad won't let me have it in the house. Hope the MMM Combo doesn't mind the damp :confused:

i wrap my cars up in old rags and bubble wrap , if the car is dirty u can under stand , whats him problem with it in the house

i wrap my cars up in old rags and bubble wrap , if the car is dirty u can under stand , whats him problem with it in the house

Well, I managed to convince him to let me keep it by the back door last night in a bin liner. He doesn't have a reason for not letting me have it in the house. If it's dirty and making a mess then yes I understand, but he won't jusify himself. He's just stubborn :confused:

Looking really good mate :good:

If you don't mind me asking, how much was everything to convert it to electric?

Thanks mate, I think the build worked out really well

Any way you could persuade him to let you keep it in your room if it's double wrapped in bin bags and i only worked on in the shed? Or is he the type whos' word is final, end of?

Just curious, that's all ;)

Any way you could persuade him to let you keep it in your room if it's double wrapped in bin bags and i only worked on in the shed? Or is he the type whos' word is final, end of?

Just curious, that's all ;)

He is one of those types like you said, what he said even 3 years ago is final, end of. He cannot be persuaded :confused:

I don't know why as he has no reason. He's just stubborn.

I forgot to threadlock the wheel nuts on yesterday and one of them came loose, so now one of my wheels is really torn up :confused:

Guess i need to buy some new rims...

X1 CRT-E should be arriving tomorrow :good:

Strange as ive never had a wheel nut come loose (touch wood), i am using hpi wheels with savage nuts on my e-revo