• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Parts suppliers for FG!

FG-Carlos

Eyup Lads,

I live in Beverley (east riding of yorkshire) and im always in need of parts for my FG marder, Rossendale Models is the best place for me but it is almost a 2 hour drive to them. I know that they mail order and they have a online shop but it isnt very good. Sometimes i feel that it is better to make a visit to the shop with the car so yu can have a good look around see what part they have in stock that they do not have on their website, plus i think that it is nice to meet the people who your are spending rediculous amounts of money on!

Any one know of a good supplier in my area. (don't say modelsport, they dont do much with the FG's now)

Any replies would be very helpful. :)

FG-carlos :good:

I think you struggle to find a supplier for FG parts Closer to Yorkshire erea...

I have a Carson Super Attack, (Which is a Clone of the FG) I got most of my parts from a Supplier in Germany.. fair enough you have to pay for shipping cost.

but the parts to come quite quick...I have recently converted mine to a Beetle, Stock 23cc Engine.. Metal gears 19/448 Ratio...

just waiting for some nweish Hubs with Wheels Axels, squares and bearing from another MSUK Member..

Then the Beetle will be going on to be SOLD....

tb toys in billinghay lincs keeps a fiar few fg bits. about an hour and a half drive from you as your the other side of the humber.

they also have a dirt track that anyone can use (check my past posts for pics and details)

tb toys in billinghay lincs keeps a fiar few fg bits. about an hour and a half drive from you as your the other side of the humber.

they also have a dirt track that anyone can use (check my past posts for pics and details)

Best to buy online or over the phone from these guys

http://www.rossmod.co.uk/

they are the main sellers of FG parts in the UK.

Regards

Guy

These guys are a superb outfit and specialize in FG over all else,they're in Germany but it's in the EU so no import or VAT to pay as it already gets taken care of,the shipping isn't that bad either,3-4 days and the prices are competative,if they don't have it then no one will,probably the best FG spares stock levels and best overall online store in Europe....wink.gif

http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/cgi-bin/cosmoshop/lshop.cgi?ls=e

Normally you will pay about E6/ E7 for shipping and it's there within a week. They keep massive stock for FG's and their prices are as good as anywhere here. OTher than that, it's E-Bay for me when it comes to parts for my Marder clone.

These guys are a superb outfit and specialize in FG over all else,they're in Germany but it's in the EU so no import or VAT to pay as it already gets taken care of,the shipping isn't that bad either,3-4 days and the prices are competative,if they don't have it then no one will,probably the best FG spares stock levels and best overall online store in Europe....wink.gif

http://www.rc-car-on.../lshop.cgi?ls=e

Nice, thanks.

i have a business Fed-Ex account so shipping inst an issue, i can book it for collection, it will only cost me

Rossendale Models ( Rossmod) are a good shop. Prices are not the cheapest, but they are excellent to deal with. Also, that german site is one I have used many times, and they are excellent too. I have got pretty much all I have needed from there.

As far as grease goes, if you have decent boots on there that will keep the grit out, I would grease. Grease and grit don;t mix.....I use motorcycle chain grease to grease things like that on the MCD. You can spray it right in as a thin liquid that thickens as the solvent evaporates. It's hard wearing, resistant to 'fling' and stays where you put it. I always have it around and have found it to work well on gears, drive cups etc. When things are dry and dusty, though, I wash it off and run dry.

Rossendale Models ( Rossmod) are a good shop. Prices are not the cheapest, but they are excellent to deal with. Also, that german site is one I have used many times, and they are excellent too. I have got pretty much all I have needed from there.

As far as grease goes, if you have decent boots on there that will keep the grit out, I would grease. Grease and grit don;t mix.....I use motorcycle chain grease to grease things like that on the MCD. You can spray it right in as a thin liquid that thickens as the solvent evaporates. It's hard wearing, resistant to 'fling' and stays where you put it. I always have it around and have found it to work well on gears, drive cups etc. When things are dry and dusty, though, I wash it off and run dry.

I have just got myself a set of new boots as the others "expired" lol, i think i will give it a go with a small covering of grease to the cup and shaft when fitting the new boots. i know what you are saying about grease and grit not mixing, i will have to keep a close eye on the condition of the boots! :)

Cheers dude!

:good:

Carl