• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new track just outside of chesterfield derbyshire

mixmasterjay

Oh yeah, just a thank you to Mow and his crew (Aaron?) for finding the spot and making it usable, it needs some work but we can make it as good as we want! Good to meet another member :good:

enjoyed meeting you guys, lots of people could not get this morning, so hopefully next time should be alot more. Had great fun with the buggys just need to get my truggy running now. thanks for the go with the 1/5 banners, makes me want one, thinks its a bit too big to hide from mrs mow, will have to work on that one.

Location is getting better each week when the jumps and piping added will look good, further extensions to the area at the right on the videos planned with pits and control area.

thanks jay

mow

you caught my corner on 2 wheels on the video, wow, missed me hitting the tree thank god, although nothing broke just the lost wheel nut,

mow

gutted mate , what you doing down this neck of the woods bud ?

Was picking up an Assoicated TC3 I won on fleabay. Was a nice day for a drive once I got past Northampton lol

couple of us been up today added padding to the 3 trees that come into play, done more ground work, track getting faster for the buggys now as it beds in, me and tross can make the 23rd

mow

• 4 weeks later...

The track has had a fresh cut, the jumps have arrived and ready for use, they are portable so track set up can be changed, track is cut wide for 1/5 scale as most tracks seem to be too narrow for them, this means suitable for all scales I am looking at organising a bash this weekend coming Sunday morning into the afternoon if anyone can make it. Remember aswell as the track this is a 12 acre wood so you can go off and bash to your hearts delight

mow

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i dont think people use this track anymore but anyone is welcome to go up to the track and check it out/ have a small bash etc. it has been quite a while since i was up there but it was looking good then. if you do go up let us all know how the track is :good:

• 4 years later...
On 21 April 2010 at 19:55, mixmasterjay said:

Hi all we have had permissoin off the farmer to relocate the syda lane track just outside of chesterfield at Holymoorside , we have relocated about 100 yards away from the original grass track to a much bigger area which we can do what we want with ,some work has allready taken place and there is a basic dirt course there but wee need people to come up for a bash and give us your ideas /input for improvments to it and to make it 1/5th scale freindly as they are getting real popular now so would be a good idea to include them too , so bring your rc's and your spades and stuff lol , im not sure on a proper poscode yet but it will be S42 holymoorside ,syda lane

i am thinking a meet up on the 2nd of may 10am either at this location (which i will provide full postcode and directions) or at my house and convoy on up there we could do with as many people as poss for this and we also have SMD http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/ and MCR http://www.mcrchesterfield.co.uk/ rc models shops very interested in the track for possible future racing and sponsership too so we have to get it right lol to make it a succes

also would it be possible for people to bring and leave things like piping,wood for jumps anything that could be of use to improving and building the track

01052010085.jpg

01052010086.jpg

01052010087.jpg

01052010088.jpg

01052010089.jpg

01052010090.jpg

01052010091.jpg

01052010092.jpg

01052010093.jpg

01052010094.jpg

thankyou and hope to see alot of you there

jay

On 21 April 2010 at 19:55, mixmasterjay said:

Hi all we have had permissoin off the farmer to relocate the syda lane track just outside of chesterfield at Holymoorside , we have relocated about 100 yards away from the original grass track to a much bigger area which we can do what we want with ,some work has allready taken place and there is a basic dirt course there but wee need people to come up for a bash and give us your ideas /input for improvments to it and to make it 1/5th scale freindly as they are getting real popular now so would be a good idea to include them too , so bring your rc's and your spades and stuff lol , im not sure on a proper poscode yet but it will be S42 holymoorside ,syda lane

i am thinking a meet up on the 2nd of may 10am either at this location (which i will provide full postcode and directions) or at my house and convoy on up there we could do with as many people as poss for this and we also have SMD http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/ and MCR http://www.mcrchesterfield.co.uk/ rc models shops very interested in the track for possible future racing and sponsership too so we have to get it right lol to make it a succes

also would it be possible for people to bring and leave things like piping,wood for jumps anything that could be of use to improving and building the track

01052010085.jpg

01052010086.jpg

01052010087.jpg

01052010088.jpg

01052010089.jpg

01052010090.jpg

01052010091.jpg

01052010092.jpg

01052010093.jpg

01052010094.jpg

thankyou and hope to see alot of you there

jay

On 8 April 2011 at 10:28, marder 78 said:

il be happy to come up and do abit of laboring/digging etc, will be good for all of us when complete. Let me know when to come aND IL BRING A FEW FRIENDS TO HELP!

yo , is anyone going up holymorside these days let me know if yes , nice1