• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

new track just outside of chesterfield derbyshire

mixmasterjay

Hi all we have had permissoin off the farmer to relocate the syda lane track just outside of chesterfield at Holymoorside , we have relocated about 100 yards away from the original grass track to a much bigger area which we can do what we want with ,some work has allready taken place and there is a basic dirt course there but wee need people to come up for a bash and give us your ideas /input for improvments to it and to make it 1/5th scale freindly as they are getting real popular now so would be a good idea to include them too , so bring your rc's and your spades and stuff lol , im not sure on a proper poscode yet but it will be S42 holymoorside ,syda lane

i am thinking a meet up on the 2nd of may 10am either at this location (which i will provide full postcode and directions) or at my house and convoy on up there we could do with as many people as poss for this and we also have SMD http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/ and MCR http://www.mcrchesterfield.co.uk/ rc models shops very interested in the track for possible future racing and sponsership too so we have to get it right lol to make it a succes

also would it be possible for people to bring and leave things like piping,wood for jumps anything that could be of use to improving and building the track

01052010085.jpg

01052010086.jpg

01052010087.jpg

01052010088.jpg

01052010089.jpg

01052010090.jpg

01052010091.jpg

01052010092.jpg

01052010093.jpg

01052010094.jpg

thankyou and hope to see alot of you there

jay

Edited by mixmasterjay

Will be going up around 10am tomorrow do some work on the track and give the truggy a run

mow

where are you based steven mate good.gif

ive had a lot on this weekend so not been able to go up to the track sad.gif plus both the rush and the mt2 are playing up ,mainly the mt2 its got pullstart issues

Edited by mixmasterjay

might try and make it up there for a look just abit far,but if it is worth the travel and could be a good track then i would be glad to help out.stegood.gif

i live about 65 miles from where the track is,i am from bolton manchester

At moment m8 no restrictions as when we or any can you use this location camping overnight no problem it's in the peak park just a real nice location very close to chatsworth 4 miles so you could drop the other half off and come racing. Lol

mow

Edited by mow

m8 will make it sunday, been up this week with 3 others , did some more track work, getting good for buggys now, some of us weather permitting going up late saturday afternoon aswell if this is better for people, may be a bit quiet jay this weekend as its bank holiday, pat from model shop poss up on saturday also will set you up a small track for your little 1/1o lol

mow

went up this afternoon, 3 of cut our way through the brush and enlarged the track further

mow

nice i cant wait to see it in the morning at about 10.30 and perhaps do some more to it , ive had a good walk round and ive got some plans for it around the bottom end should be good

well im back from the mini bash at the track and you guessed it i broke things again lol yet another front knuckle lost a drive shaft broke a pullstart on the 18 engine,a bearing on the clutchbell desintergrated oh and a wheel fell off lol and that was all on the mt2 lmao , banners had a steering servo beak on the ftx and mow lost a wheel of his hyper and hit a tree with another lol so a good days bashing lol haha , the mrs got alot of vids and pics so i will up them in a bit good.gif

Yeah the servo's stopped. Had a bit of a roll then nothing. Gears feel good but no out put at all from it. The throttle servo was dead on arrival.