• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bashing sites/tracks in S.Wales?

khughes18

How often do you meet?  Is it subject to the weather?  My youngest wants to come up for a bash.

We tried Ogmore on Sunday, the sand is well trampled making a very rough surface if you try to use speed to climb the dunes, was great fun till my Rustler popped a universal joint :36_11_13[1]:

I learn't my lesson, another one of many since getting the Rustler.

Cheers, I've put in a request to join Nitro Nutters.  I'll keep an eye on the posts and hopefully meet up soon, this weekend isn't looking good weather wise   :rain:

Edit - I'm on Nitro Nutters now, thanks.  Look for the profile picture, I'm Mark Holmes on Facebook.

Edited by Clogger

• 1 month later...

Hi Garvey69, if you use Facebook look for Nitro Nutters.  I haven't managed to meet up with them yet (when I have a free Sunday it rains) but they meet most dry Sundays in the Risca area it seems.  Other than that, I'm in Llanharan and hoping to meet up with a few others on here and FB from the area one weekend soon, let me know if you're interested.

• 4 years later...

Just reviving this...myself and a couple of friends are looking for a circuit to try our cars out on

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 18/04/2010 at 12:36, Jenkins87 said:

well im from Aberdare, so im not too far from brecon :)

im up for a bashing session soon, once i get my cars back on the road, one needs an ESC the other needs a new clutch spring :whistling:

the joys of the RC hobby :ph34r:

There is a great off road bashing area on top of maerdy mountain, also the Forrest area up the top of Penrhys estate is a good place to go

Hi guys just found this thread.   I'm from caerphilly and iv been trying to find somewhere to take my 2 cars . 

As my kids are getting in to RCs   so might need a larger carpark than what we use at the mo .. iv been told   there a place  to use     .  VAN ROAD  bmx track in caerphilly.  Never been yet  but told its 1 large track and 2 smaller tracks   .  They say the smaller track is never used as everyone uses the large  track    . 

Iv been told that they dont mind you using the small tracks for RCs    but NO  nitro cars      I dont know if that true. And it's free.  . 

• 1 year later...

Hi , been using the bmx track on the lower part of Skewen Park near Neath, along with other rc users , for years. Search maverick stealth xb on YouTube as my mate put 2 vids a few yrs ago of him and me using our cars on the track. Fast straights, jumps and bends. 

• 5 months later...
On 20/01/2021 at 19:31, Iain .R said:

Hi guys just found this thread.   I'm from caerphilly and iv been trying to find somewhere to take my 2 cars . 

As my kids are getting in to RCs   so might need a larger carpark than what we use at the mo .. iv been told   there a place  to use     .  VAN ROAD  bmx track in caerphilly.  Never been yet  but told its 1 large track and 2 smaller tracks   .  They say the smaller track is never used as everyone uses the large  track    . 

Iv been told that they dont mind you using the small tracks for RCs    but NO  nitro cars      I dont know if that true. And it's free.  . 

Bit late to the party, but:

284094004_2252022141621138_3250610386487

RC rigs are absolutely prohibited on Van Road Trails. 

For legal bashing, we go to Llantwit Fardre:

https://goo.gl/maps/MafWHGzEaZD33Dd67

• Sad 1