• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tectics Diablo project

tectic

Cool, dyeing just now. I brought the water too the simmer, dissolved dye, put wheels in and gonna leave for 30 minutes then re-simmer the dye and do the last two wheels. Sound about right?

Sounds good to me although i use the liquid rit dye but as long as you get it hot enough to activate it then will be good

First two done, looks a lot more vivid than the pic. Real nice. Thanks for the help bud. How much was postage on your shell from the us?

I hand carried the shell as i work in the USA

Email Steve and he will be able to give you a price

The pictures do not do the shell justice as the candyflake he uses really sparkles in the sunlight.

Also the flash from the camera washes colour out hence why your wheels look much redder in real life.

Edited by tectic

Dude that's looking a pretty special truck, awesome thread! good.gif

Just don't bash it to hard! whistling.gif

Too late for that!!!

well the truck has had its first couple of outings

sorry no vids but the first outing was a good learning curve

the truck was pretty fast but came to a premature close with a leaking rear shock which was strange as during the build

the other rear shock started to leak after inspection the rubber top seal were both found to have small holes!!

The truck seemed to lack any real starting torque so the first outing was only 10 mins of use also the slipper clutch semmed to be slipping.

The second outing was with the wife and dog

After fixing the shock and re adjusting the slipper up the truck was a totally diffrent beast

Wheelies on demand even with the center diff and the top end was also increased

I am running 21/54 and no noticeable heat issues

i do have to say with the increased front and rear track and longer wheelbase the handling is great

Then i let the wife have ago as she has let me spend the time on this project.

Firstly she ran herself over !! then tried to climb a tree then hit a steel pole head on at half speed ohmy.gif

Fortunatly no damage she managed to bend the STRC skid plate and bend the bumper under the skid plate confused.gif

After removing the skid plate the bumper sprang back into position with no issues but the STRC skid plate does bear the battle scars tongue.gif

Maybe i shold take the skidplates off like you do JayJ, Only kidding the truck was not built to be a shelf queen

im sure this is the start of many to come biggrin.gif

As a side note i do need to increase the Brake strength as i only set it to 50

I also took the baja to try Creamsodauk,s rear tyres and due to a problem with the radio managed to shred the inserts out of the tyres

as the tyres came out of the beadlocks

so the only car to finish the first session was the good old reliable brushed E-Revo

Thanks for the comments

I have tried to post links to all the items i have used

but here again is the link for the roll bar

http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=10137

$39.90 not sure about shipping as i shipped to myself in the states

a note on it though if you want to use it with a slipstream body you need longer body posts due to the deep section in the back of the body

Which is why i used summit rear body posts and cut them down.

dammit i missed the proper revo run, glad you got the slipper sorted it defiantly sounded like it wasnt fully engaging.

as for letting the wife drive, well what can i say maybe it needs a traxxas style 50% power mode fitting for these situations LOL

however i know wana come and see the beast working properly!

is the increased track just from the offset rims?

Yes the rims add the extra width i have not added any spacers

hopefully i will get some video soon

Sadly Flextek are not producing any more

Although i have never been a lover of metal arms as i dont think they give enough flex

They transmit all the shock to the chassis.

i was trying to imply that i am selling a set

Hey Tectic,

I tried the gorilla snawt in the tranny and it works great thanks for the tip! It took a few runs for it to work in, but now it just moves like butta!__________________

Tekin RX-8 ERBE

MC 1/8th scale Center Diff

Thought i would post this reply from the US forum for anyone else thinking about running grease in the transmission

This tip i got from a championship racer!!