• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tectics Diablo project

tectic

Have to say, I have watched and read this everytime you have updated, it has been absolutely fantastic to see it progress but it's been really bad as I have now got a load of items bookmarked ready for payday :confused::lol:

Can't wait to see it completed now

Have to say, I have watched and read this everytime you have updated, it has been absolutely fantastic to see it progress but it's been really bad as I have now got a load of items bookmarked ready for payday confused.giflaugh.gif

Can't wait to see it completed now

I am glad you can take something from it and use

i put my parts list together for 6-8 months looking for the bits i wanted

it has not been cheap but i have enjoyed the build and i am eager to run it.

It is definitely something that has been very well thought out, from the screw headcaps right through to the neat wiring, I don't think there is one bit that you have missed.

I look forward to seeing the video if it's maiden voyage.

Edited by carlcurtis83

I will see if i can video it with my camera

I still have some adjustments to do on the wheels but i do have the body on now and will try to post a few pics today

of the truck with the body on.

It is a slipstream body painted by steve zielke

http://zielkeracing.com/

How much offset on those rims, it looks massive?

I have not measured them but yes the offset is big the hex is on the opposite side of the wheel

hence the stability for high speed cornering.

i will post some pics of my standard E-Revo against the project tomorrow to give you an idea how they compare.

but now some body pics

Tectic, that build is fantastic, I would be scared to run it. Your attention to detail is superb, are you an engineer??

Need some video bud.good.gif

Funny you should say that but Yes i am a mechanical engineer but my industry has nothing to do with vehicles.

I build deep diving systems for a living so this gives me an insight to all sorts of equipment and techniques.

Ok then all

The project is almost complete just tweaking left to do

so finally the project has been named Diablo

And here are the promised body shots

I would like to give a personal thanks to Steve Zielke from zielke racing who did a fantastic job painting the body shell

and working with a brit to get what i wanted.

this shell when it hits the sun light with its paint fleck really looks great

img7943b.jpg

img7944.jpg

img7946e.jpg

img7956x.jpg

img7954.jpg

img7958o.jpg

img7949k.jpg

And just to make sure everyone knows its a male

img7948.jpg

Edited by tectic
  • Like 1

Thought so, it shows in your attention to detail and your work around. I'm aircraft myself but i like to bodge LOL........ ONLY JOKING!!!!!!whistling.gif

Might have a special shell myself. What was postage on it from the US. Also love the guy pi**ing all over the nitro. Just ordered a set of badlands myself. Getting fitted to rulux half up's think i'm gonna dye them red.

Thought so, it shows in your attention to detail and your work around. I'm aircraft myself but i like to bodge LOL........ ONLY JOKING!!!!!!whistling.gif

Might have a special shell myself. What was postage on it from the US. Also love the guy pi**ing all over the nitro. Just ordered a set of badlands myself. Getting fitted to rulux half up's think i'm gonna dye them red.

I origionally bought Rulux halfups and dyed them red i will post you pics tomorrow so you can see what they will look like

I never used them and am selling them!!

LOL, yeah post the pics. I'm dying them red first to see what they are like but i have black on standby. I'm also gonna remove the blue coating on the traxxas 17mm adapters and re-anodise them red, or black depending on which wheel colour i go for.

LOL, yeah post the pics. I'm dying them red first to see what they are like but i have black on standby. I'm also gonna remove the blue coating on the traxxas 17mm adapters and re-anodise them red, or black depending on which wheel colour i go for.

Here you go a couple of pics of the Rulux wheels dyed red with rit dye

cimg6440.jpg

cimg6441s.jpg