• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bash in Perth

rapearson

well, stormbringer made it home this time without a sore leg, almost a sore head thoughrofl.gif and i made it with just a burnt fingerlaugh.gif damn wheel bearingslaugh.gif

ive got my car all fixed up and ready to fight again, ended up grinding down some M8 washers to fit behind the wheel squares to space them out from the bearings, so no more toasty fingers and melted wheels hopefully. i would be lost without my bench grinder, i can bodge anything on itlaugh.gif almost.

sy100 - that guy that was with you was a bit insanelaugh.gif he was doing like 50ft jumps and didnt even break anything??cool.gif

another good day, albeit a little shorter than last time. when are we meeting again then?biggrin.gif

stef

lol ouchey smile.gif

ive still not worked out what was up with the radio gear on the dbx i might just get some 2.4ghz gear for it if it keeps acting up smile.gif

when i done the model boats a few years ago, i found that a couple of my servos would twitch sometimes. turned out that it was cheapy servos causing it. i wonder if it could be a similar problem? do you have another set of xtals you could try?

im also thinking about the 2.4ghz system, a spektrum can be had for what? about £85? and atleast if i did get one i can get a remote killswitch for my engine lol

rofl.gif owned lol

indeed, why women should stay awaylaugh.giftongue.gif

Edited by stef1

i used to do model rc boats a while back as well and recently taken up doing them again hence the tug boat in my avatar, whered you sail yours ?

i used to sail at inverlieth pond and take part in comps at a few places in scotland

Edited by Stormbringer

i used to do model rc boats a while back as well and recently taken up doing them again hence the tug boat in my avatar, whered you sail yours ?

i used to sail at inverlieth pond and take part in comps at a few places in scotland

quality. i was a member of the 'lang toun model boat club' we used the beveridge park in kirkcaldy. i even won the 2005 scottish steering and docking thingylaugh.gif

between me and my dad we had a harbour work boat, a huge big tug that was scratch built by my dad and also a big warship type thing. the warship could shift, twin 800 or 850 motors i cant remember which but it could lift the front end out the water and made a fair amount of wake.

i was better at steering the boats than the cars but you might have already guessed thatrofl.gif

Edited by stef1

• 4 weeks later...

i recently switched the receiver out of my dbx for the one in my brushless stinger that had some cheapo 2.4ghz stuff to test it and now the problem is gone :)

im guessing something in the car was resonating at 27mhz and causing interference since the same thing happened at the quarry we go to as well, since putting in the stingers 2.4 receiver the dbx has been running like it should be so good and cheap 2.4 upgrade there and long range :)

do any of you guys play pc games and have steam btw? my steam id is yrkoon99 if any one wants to add me and have a game at some thing (multiplayer games are always better when you can put a face to the name) :)

Edited by Yrkoon

i recently switched the receiver out of my dbx for the one in my brushless stinger that had some cheapo 2.4ghz stuff to test it and now the problem is gone smile.gif

im guessing something in the car was resonating at 27mhz and causing interference since the same thing happened at the quarry we go to as well, since putting in the stingers 2.4 receiver the dbx has been running like it should be so good and cheap 2.4 upgrade there and long range smile.gif

do any of you guys play pc games and have steam btw? my steam id is yrkoon99 if any one wants to add me and have a game at some thing (multiplayer games are always better when you can put a face to the name) smile.gif

hey,

ive not been on here in a little while now, been quite busy.

glad to hear you got the car sorted :)

any one fancy a bash within the next few weeks?

cheers

stef

• 3 weeks later...

Posted a topic about a possible one in the forum

hi guys,

been a while since i was last on here, hope all is well?

anyone up for craigie on saturday? usual place/time and weather permitting

not been out with the car since i fitted the bigger engine so as you can imagine im dying to give it a blastlaugh.gif

cheers

stef

Edited by stef1

i guess its craigie jumps your meaning mate ?

we were there last saturday but it was only myself kev and vinny turned up :(

the place does need the marder touch tho as some of the grass is getting long lol and i got a new toy as well lol a thunder tiger sledge hammer :good:

so if all goes well i could very well be up for a bash in perth :partytime2:

i guess its craigie jumps your meaning mate ?

we were there last saturday but it was only myself kev and vinny turned up sad.gif

the place does need the marder touch tho as some of the grass is getting long lol and i got a new toy as well lol a thunder tiger sledge hammer good.gif

so if all goes well i could very well be up for a bash in perth partytime2.gif

yeah thats the onebiggrin.gif

haha the marder touchlaugh.gif yes its dying to get out the shed...i dare say i could put the lawnmower attachment on and flatten the place or maybe my bad driving will be enoughlaugh.gif i would keep clear of it these days..it has a 3mm thick steel spoiler and it weighs quite alotlaugh.gif

ooh a TT sledge hammer...thats a monster truck right? cant wait to see that

cheers

stef

Edited by stef1

if anyone is heading to the craigie jumps on saturday, i wont be there until around 1 ish as im working until half 12ohmy.gif yes its overtime and im a greedolaugh.gif dont know how long it will take me from rosyth to perth but it should only be around 25-30mins?

Edited by stef1