• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Beards Revo

Beard

Thanks to rcsammy i managed a few tanks out of it at the RHR track and lets just say i'm pleased with the picco. managed to bed the piston and liner in nicely but didn't get to tune it yet. the only slight issue was the slipper loosening itself/not being tight enough for the power increase (i hadn't bothered adjusting it laugh.gif) other than that i forsee a long and beautiful relationship developing laugh.gif

• 4 weeks later...

A few bits turned up from Liquid today

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

So that's the battery box and servo mount from the 5308, Revo chassis brace and GPM alloy rockers on the front only as i rounded the hex in one of the main rear rocker screws and don't want to dremel it out before i get a replacement delivered.

*Fun things you never knew you had*

ok so who knew the Revo has a built in charger plug in the battery box? because i didn't until i took the old one off whistling.gif

only problem that causes me is that i only have the switch it came with and the charging lead is rather short so if you do as the battery box tells you on is off and off is on ok? >.<

cheers Jay, it's taken so long to come together it's become a bit of a labour of love :lol:

Axle, there's always more parts needed...i say it's finished but that's only as long as i don't see any lovely new bits i want/need. speaking of which. does anyone know if you can get covered 23mm lock nuts like the 24mm Uber RC baja ones?

• 2 months later...

Well i did something i said i'd never do...

IMAG0205.jpg

Yup a side pipe. it's a Hong Nor EFRA 3016 and it has made the Revo truly bloody mad! i think i might try an 18 or even 20T clutchbell as it wheelies so much the novelty has totally worn off :lol:

it was a straight forward fit with only a couple of things to watch out for. firstly the header is square where it sits against the engine this makes one of the corners sit very close to

the shock cap at full compression but i don't see this being a problem as it doesn't actually touch, if it does however i think cutting a groove about .5mm deep will cure it without weakening anything critical. The second thing, and it's a minor one really is that you have to run the back pressure line behind the engine and resting on the header. i cut about 2 inches of fuel line which i split down the middle...

IMAG0202.jpg

and problem solved.

As you can see the downside is no cage but i think the trade off is worth it. Revos are as tough as old boots without cages so no biggie. I've had a couple of tanks though her this evening and by Odin's mighty beard has it unleashed the Picco. My monster truck is finally a Monster!

Now to start the Revo truggy build...

• 1 month later...

IMAG0266.jpg

Well there she is, all finished.

i was going to fit a set of extended rear arms but i've been defeated by some Traxxas cheesy screws. For now.......

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

IMAG0258-1.jpg

This is the best I've got at the mo but give me a day or two and i'll get it out of storage and snap a few better ones for you, The vinyl is awesome, it looks almost real with the weave and everything

• Like 2