• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

just got myself a wattage cessna 182

me and my dad have just got into flying and we bought our first planes on saturday. they are wattage cessna 182's, high wing 3D planes and they look so cool :P

i plan on going brushless and LiPo straight away as its only a little bit more than a standard nihm and brushed motor deal, so why not :)

anyone got any tips for flying for the first time

Thanks

Monstrous

i was going to get one of those but i got a brushless shock flyer edge instead i to be honest wouldnt do 3d with that plane in you post it seems you wana do 3d as it is a invertied commas 3d plane you need to practise the basics such as takign of and landign and as a good tip fly slow and high and use any extra power to help get out of problems not into problems that about it really that plane will fly inverted probably and will doo loops btu not proper 3d flight anyway it is nto the plane that needs to be good it is the pilot! :P

Cool you will enjoy it mate, next step nitro :):P

Dad took me to the patch yesterday, came in inverted with my hype 3d and done a harrier flyby, got a bit low lol the fin just waved through the grass as i pulled up :blink::D everyone said it looked awsome i was like woah how the hell!

here what a harrier maneuver looks like :)

pp_yak55spe_inv-harrier.jpg

and the hype..

:D

grdrg.jpg

grdht.jpg

yup screamer

i like the little hype 60 have good control and can pull of good 3d flight too, like the prop hang pic mate nice an controled flying. talking bout your machine mate is it the .40 of the .60 version its hard to tell without pilot there in the pic too.

i have the extra 330L full 3d and have t say its a deamon in the sky i run a 400 colbolt motor to a jeti 150 esc and 10 cells. i now want a E-400 class powered glider for thermal flying but in norfolk we have to bungie or tow takeoff where i like slope soaring.

that little cesna is ok but be careful that the wings doesnt snap at the wing root when trying snap rolls and heavy 3d. prop hangs will be a hard thing to do with a hi wing i would have force you and your father to a mid wing or a low wing plane maybe the electric extra 330L by wattage, a acro advanced, if you want a full on aerobatics i would have to say get a cougar 2000 or one of the CAP models.

TC

nice those planes look a tad on the large side screamer. Hope you have fun with the plane monstrous.

Hehe big is good, :D

Wingspan 1520mm, Length 1560mm
(the hype)

yup screamer

i like the little hype 60 have good control and can pull of good 3d flight too, like the prop hang pic mate nice an controled flying. talking bout your machine mate is it the .40 of the .60 version its hard to tell without pilot there in the pic too.

i have the extra 330L full 3d and have t say its a deamon in the sky i run a 400 colbolt motor to a jeti 150 esc and 10 cells. i now want a E-400 class powered glider for thermal flying but in norfolk we have to bungie or tow takeoff where i like slope soaring.

TC

I don't think there are 2 sizes apart from the hype mini that my friends getting, are you on about the UCANDO?

theres an electric package deal and a nitro deal for the hype, i got the nitro one, added engine radio ect

, got an SC .52 in the nose, bloody good engine, ive always reccomened SC or ASP engines )basically the same), i have 4 of them, and have never let me down, even the first engine i ever got is still running fine in my dads trainer! (i learnt to fly on it) :blink:

good to hear about the Extra, ive always like them, Pitts s next for me, goin for the moki petrol mwuahaha B):D

3D Hype

This extremely lightweight model is ideal for the experienced aerobatic pilot, excellent for 3D flying - capable of performaing outrageous hovering aerobatics. All lightweight wood construction. For the ultimate performance use the new West Eurotech

.50 t1 hi-torque motor and the specially developed Genesis throttle pipe.

Wingspan 1520mm, Length 1560mm, Radio 4 function, Servos 5 standard,

Engine .40-.53 2 stroke .52-.65 4 stroke

Hype 3D artf £149.95 Deal - 3D Hype, West Eurotech .50 T1 and Genesis pipe £299.95

Electric Deal - 3D hype, Flyware 350/25 motor, Hacker 70 Opto controller 2 8.4 pack (3.3A) battery packs wired with Magnum connectors and charging connectors. £475.60

Dan :)

yup my mistake mate was thinking of a totaly different plane but has the sameish looks.

me im a cap or giles lover mate but the cougar does tempt me back to the good old days of chasing birds. and falling out of the sky with style uline some of these newbies to flying :P

ooooh i love .50+ engines so much power on tap for the snap rolls and outside loops. gotta say you machine looks lush mate just need a pilot in the cockpit to finish her off ;)

TC

High wings are the best to start of with,

I highly recommend the Irvine Tutor 40 with SC .46 engine, (if u wanna go nitro and start fully anyways, it was my combination and it really is the perfect beginner set up preferably learning with the buddy lead and an instructor, im soon to pass my "B" test so i can buddy lead newbies :D ahh scary lol :helpsmilie:

Bt TBH i reckon a learner could fly the hype, it flys so slow theres more thinking time, thats why i love it because it flys fast too :) landings are peasy :rolleyes: and with low roll rates i reckon it can be done flying on low throttle.

when i go out flying this sunday il get some pics, my dad got a small vid of me, ages ago when i was still learning maneuvers and stuff, think theres a wee prop hang on it too..

have a look if ya want

http://www.madmanluke.spikedsoftware.co.uk...20plane%20vids/

p.s sorry for cam quality, dad was using the digi cam on video mode lol hmmm 256 mb cards :rolleyes:

:)

• 4 months later...

lock out the aerloins on the main wing, this will stop roll-banking but still give you the basic control. locking out these also helps with newcomer pilots as you will tend too move wrong sticks sometimes.

try and keep a slow flight speed this will also help and land into wind this will keep a steady airflow over the wing and keep balance.

TC