• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

my hyper 7 black

daza

hi everybody

just got my hyper from one of the lads on the forum. Its absolutely brill and so is the lad i got it off. The only thing with it is its turning circle. The titanic has got a smaller turning circle than this thing. At first i thought it could be the batterys but i have now put a stick pack in which was fully charged and its still the same.

Is this a normal thing with the hyper 7 or is there a fault anywhere?. I think it does have a upgraded steering servo.

any help will be greatly appreciated

dazhelpsmilie.gif

Sounds like no grip in the front to turn it in, basically loads of understeer, are your tyres ballooning alot? You aint got anything pushing the rear, all power going to the front, my Hyper 8's are brill, they turn on the button so did my 7 when i had it, rip the diffs out and get some good diff oils in them instead of the poo grease they come with if any left in there at all.

Nino

Edited by ASF72

What do you mean by ballooning?. is there any specific diff oil i should put in?.

Also when the car is stand still and you turn left and right on your controller the wheels will only move a little.

if you were to move the steering servo by hand the wheels will move a lot more to the left and right(you can get full lock)

thanks for the help so far

Can you see or hear the tyres loosing grip? What happens if you turn slowly?

Have you checked the steering amount trim is set to max on the handset, not sure what your knowledge is but there should be a twist knob with st or something written next to it? Its not the one that alligns the wheels its the other one.

Edited by pluto2010

Balloning, do your tyres go large and thin on full throttle? there are many grades of diff oil to use, like someone else said to me on here is what is good for me might not be good for your driving style, i run 7000 weight oil in the front and centre diffs and 3000 in the rear which i think is great for bashing, you need to strip the front and rear gear boxes and get the diffs out, open the diffs, clean the old grease out and replace with oil, search on youtube on how to do this, if you aint got full lock you will need to look at your TX to see if it has the digital trim which mine has where you can alter all the settings for the throttle servo and steering.

Nino

Can you see or hear the tyres loosing grip? What happens if you turn slowly?

Have you checked the steering amount trim is set to max on the handset, not sure what your knowledge is but there should be a twist knob with st or something written next to it? Its not the one that alligns the wheels its the other one.

my knowledge is minimal when it comes to rc cars. when i turn slowly it hardly turns at all i have to blip the accelerator. When i turn at speed i have to slam the brakes on and turn at the same time. Otherwise my turning circle is about 50 metres at speed.

another example is it is impossible to drive tightly around myself.

i will have to go and check the steering trim as well then.

if it happens at low speed (like 2-5mph) and you not accelerating or decelerating then it shouldnt be under steer.

On my hyper 7 transmitter the twist knob has 'st D/R' to the right of it, its the knob that looks different to the other two, try turning that to the right as far as it will go.

How far do the servos move? Is there any weird sound coming from the servos that doesnt sound normal?

Do both wheels turn at the same time?

Edited by pluto2010

I don't remember how that bit is called, but it's something steering overdrive ? Or something. you need to adjust that, look at the pic.

You need this when you go very fast you slow your steering down(it does not make sense, sorry )post-7573-126415406498_thumb.jpg

I don't remember how that bit is called, but it's something steering overdrive ? Or something. you need to adjust that, look at the pic.

You need this when you go very fast you slow your steering down(it does not make sense, sorry )post-7573-126415406498_thumb.jpg

Thats the one smile.gif, thanks for the pic.

From what i can tell its to stop you fipping at high speed, the wheels wont turn as far, the last thing you want to do when your at 40mph is to apply full right/left lock, it wiil either udersteer or flip and crash. smile.gif

Edited by pluto2010

no, you rly dont need to try n stop the car from flipping at speed, firstly the srvo saver would kick in, secondly even if the wheels did turn it would just understeer and then spin out, you'd have to do a high speed weeve to make it flip, even then its stil hard. adjust that nob so that the servo will turn as far as it possibly can without the wheels hitting the lower wishbone.

Cheers for all the help guys the problem is now solved. It was the little nob on the controller it was set at minimum.

now i have put it to maximum the wheels turn to the left and right alot more than what it did.

once again thanks for all the help and i apologise now in advance for all the silly stupid questions probably coming your way(you have to start somewhere).

dazgood.gif