• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Nitro Rush/Rush Evo/Firestorm..

you can get a silver nova cooling head off ebay for about 35 quid , that blue cooling haed is a complete LRP.z 18 s pro engine mate ive took the standard T15 out and replaced it with that good.gif

Gonna have to give your LRP a race somewhere along the line fella good.gif i didnt polish and port my crank for nothing wink.gif

you can get a silver nova cooling head off ebay for about 35 quid , that blue cooling haed is a complete LRP.z 18 s pro engine mate ive took the standard T15 out and replaced it with that good.gif

Ahhhhhh just thought blue wud look the dogs .....aint goin 2 change me engine as it goes like stink

Gonna have to give your LRP a race somewhere along the line fella good.gif i didnt polish and port my crank for nothing wink.gif

that would be a good race me thinks mate deffo on for that sometime good.gif

i thought the purple one was the hopup chassis lol

thanks mate have you got a tuned exhaust on that makes a world of difference, also that engine ive got in mine is about 90 quid on ebay brandnew i think ,and with a tuned pipe it got loads of power which is nice lol

i will have a look cheers for that neil good.gif , my mate does all that metal polishing thing with cloth wheels and allsorts lol

i got 3 rush evos had one of um years. plus a thunder tiger well modded with 18ss engine.8 boats .i wouldnt get rid of me evos.

evos can play hard with good results. plus im building a home made truck wich shall be bigger than me 5th scale lorry .

aint life grand when im in me workshop lol

Hi zook get some pics up of the evo's lol , ive allways wanted a boat are they any good ? and that truck build sounds good mate make sure you put a thread up about it i would look forward to see that good.gif

i love my rush evo's probably because its my first nitro rc and even though everytime you take them out something breaks or it just naffs up somehow lol rofl.gif but its part of it lol great bashers

more pics lol

060120101902.jpg

060120101904.jpg

070120101912.jpg

070120101913.jpg

070120101914.jpg

070120101915.jpg

070120101916.jpg

070120101918.jpg

i have now put another set of shocks and springs on the back so i have 4 now and i siezed the bearings in the gearbox lol on the spur gear drive rod (i don't know what its called) so i had to break the casing to get the spur off and cut the rod lol but i had another gearbox which has been stripped and greased and new bearings also the pin came out what holds the slipper clutch in that didn't help matters either but its all fixed now good.gif and im going to take it out in a bit and give it a test

Edited by mixmasterjay

right i put another gearbox/diff on of a rush evo (other one was a rush) and my got its a hell of a difference also with those other shocks and springs it grips sooooo much in the snow now i even wheelied and flippe3d on the slushy road lol but noe the small pin that goes through the alloy slipper clutch and through the drive shaft has broke or popped out lol so i will get onto that in a min , any ideas on how to stop this guys ?good.gif

thanks daz lol good.gif , i actually thought along time ago you just reminded me lol , mate it grips so hard in the snow its great lol

No probs mate its defo better for jumping etc, ive had my rock crawler out today its the only Rc that really ploughs through the 3-4 inchs of snow we still have.

Thanks Darren

i bet that was fun mate i wouldn't mind i rock crawler they look great good.gif ive not done any major jumps or anything yet but i may give it a go soon lol its all fixed and cleaned again now so i miht give it a go tomorrow good.gif

i bet that was fun mate i wouldn't mind i rock crawler they look great good.gif ive not done any major jumps or anything yet but i may give it a go soon lol its all fixed and cleaned again now so i miht give it a go tomorrow good.gif

Hi Mate.

Yeah it was fun in the snow had to take a few attempts in some snow as it was acting like a snow plower.

It isnt the quickest of rc cars though.

Good luck tomorrow mate have fun.

Thanks Darren

i stripped the 2nd cog in the gearbox lol anyone know of any steel upgrades

This is the most common failing of the Rush/Evo gearbox, HPI's upgrade was one made of a carbon graphite type material (which is what I've got tongue.gif ) but this can be just as bad as all it does is strip teeth of the diff, unless you got the ball diff (which I've also got tongue.gif ) which had stronger teeth. Both these parts have long since been discontinued and are almost impossible to get now, dusty stock on a shelf or fleabay are the only options, HPI etc dont have them anymore.

Apart from that steel ones would strip the diff teeth even more so dont go there. best thing to do is just keep spares of the idler gear as it will go again, especially with the bigger LRP.18.