• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Nitro Rush/Rush Evo/Firestorm..

Hi guys and gals i thought we could show everyone our rush,rush evo's , i have upgraded mine quite alot this past week (thanks to martin34) so i will show both the old one and the new and improved one , anyway get your p[ics ,vids out and give us your hints and tips on these and good upgrades to do good.gif

well here is the upgrade parts ive had front alloy suspension arms purple

rear alloy suspension arms purple

front alloy hub carriers purple

rear alloy hub carriers purple

rear alloy brace purple

alloy engine mounts purple

alloy slipper clutch black

steel 49t savage spur gear

carbon fibre top deck

high torque steering servo

LRP.Z 18 S PRO engine

tuned mmieke efra exhaust

T-15 exhaust header minifold (wider opening at the engine end than the stock LRP header)

no 6 glo plug

i think thats it lol

before pice basically a standard resh evo with a T15 engine

191020091457.jpg

191020091459.jpg

191020091460.jpg

191020091462.jpg

191020091463.jpg

191020091464.jpg

191020091465.jpg

191020091467.jpg

191020091468.jpg

201020091469.jpg

251020091472.jpg

Edited by mixmasterjay

Nice one jay good.gif

loving the carbon chassis (top plate)

heres the specs of mine, i'll get Wol or Yanto to take some piccies and post them up but anyway the spec so far:

FRONT

Edit racing front castor blocks

Edit racing front Knuckles

Abec front wheel bearings

Jato front turnbuckles

Alloy front suspension arm mounts

Alloy front shock absorber towers

Re-drilled front suspension arms for better lower shock mounting

Hyper 7 front shocks with 20wt associated oil and white stiff springs

Thunder Tiger STI shock mounts and pillow balls, with alloy nuts

HPI F5 yellow wheels with proline Dirt hawg tires

REAR

Alloy engine/gearbox brace

alloy Rear suspension Tower

Alloy suspension arm mounts +1 degree

Alloy Rear Knuckle joints

Jato Turnbuckles

Hyper 7 rear shocks with 25wt associated oil and white springs

Redrilled lower suspension arms for better lower shock mount positioning

HPI F5 yellow wheels with Proline Dirt hawg tires.

Hyper pillowbal rear shock mounts with alloy nuts

GEARBOX AND ENGINE

HPI ball diff kit with tungsten carbide balls and Dr Liquid diff grease

HPI Diff spring kit (hard)

HPI Carbon idler gear

Abec bearings throughout gearbox

HPI heavy duty diff outdrive cups

HPI heavy duty output drive shaft

HPI Alloy slipper clutch holder

HPI Fiber brake disk (Soon to be steel)

Nitrostar T15 engine with polished and ported crankshaft

Ported and gasket matched dynamite exhaust manifold

Vantage racing carbon fiber Revo resonator R pipe

RB No.4 glowplug

20% Byrons race fuel

HPI/motorsaver hi flow air-filter

Fastrax alloy fuel filter

52T savage spur gear with 15T vented clutch bell or 49T Savage spur gear with 19T vented clutchbell tongue.gif

1200 Mah RX stick pack. rear battery box removed and battery hung on to side of roll cage, much better handling

lots of other stuff but my fingers are now bleeding typing all of this and I've not mastered typing with elbows just yet laugh.gif

As i said at the top, pictures to follow once I've finished the HPI Silverado shell and when Wol or Yanto photo it.

that sound awesome mate i never knew hyper 7 shocks and springs fitted thats good to know good.gif there is alot to do to mine still then lol i know about the shock towers but i can only find the rear alloy one ,i also want the alloy12mm hex's too now that ive but the little bigger engine in ,i will be going up to 205 fuel soon too as im running the rest of my 16% out it wont take long with this engine lol ,i cant wait for the pics mate good.gif

Hyper 7 shocks dont just fit on fella laugh.gif There was a lot of modding involved to get them to fit.

The shock towers all had to be drilled etc to allow the pillowball mounts needed for the shocks to fit on, and to get the Jato turnbuckles on, In fact none of the holes in the front or rear suspension towers are the standard size smile.gif

I've got to change my rear hexes to alloy as well good.gif

I'm also waiting on some Lunsford titanium steering turnbuckles to show up.

Yep, all your turnuckles are standard mate, you can see them clipped on in the pictures good.gif

It's easier to go custom with these as well as there is a massive choice cos of the ones used on other models.

The turnbuckles are what started my build off, because I wanted adjustable ones, quite literally everything else has been built around the fact that I wanted different, stronger and adjustable turnbuckles.

I started this project last year in February, spent nearly all year hunting and gathering parts and now it's almost finished. Lots of the parts fitted to mine are discontinued so it took a fair old hunt about, anything I couldnt find uses parts off other models that have been modified laugh.gif

to be honest I wish this bloody snow would do one so i can give her a proper run.

ok so ive ended up keeping the rush evo i was building for turb() (due to personal reasons my end) and all it basically needs is springs and radio gear , it is basically stock apart from a 15t vented steel clutchbell, racing clutch shoes and a mmeike tuned exhaust and a purple anodised chassis it started 3rd pull and it sounds great nice bit of smoke and ive not touched any settings on it

th_04012010054.jpg

040120101813.jpg

040120101814.jpg

040120101815.jpg

040120101816.jpg

040120101817.jpg

040120101819.jpg

Heres mine,bog standard apart from the TTR rear shocks from the 1/10 TTR truck,small 6v RX pack,TowerPro MG995 steering and a JP Supertec TB servo and finally a Q-World failsafe,it isnt technically mine but the daughter seems to have lost interest which is understandable at 18,courting and at college but its still here for when she does.Just got a brand new stock HPI shell in the bag for it from Manny.No plans for it really as it doesn't interest me enough,it'll get fixed when it breaks and thats it,was gonna stick alloy arms,shock towers and adjustable top arms on it but not till the Revo has seen its upgrades through....good.gif

SANY0370.jpg

SANY0364.jpg

SANY0358.jpg

SANY0356.jpg

mate like i said before its tooo cllleeeaan lol but it does look great mate thankyou for sharing with us erm 2 lol rofl.gif

i took the 18s rush out again today as it was abit drier i got a few good wheelies out of it lol good.gif but even on dry tarmac it spins out propably due to the slightly oily rear tyres lol

I've got a spare mate if you want it just need a clean up and to be trimmed down a bit just give me the width between rear tyres mate and il do it for ya and post it outgood.gif