• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

hello is the go28 cxp engine the same as the go28 already listed it doesnt look the same as mine

also if anyone has a spare heat sink or heat sink bolts please pm me to make a deal cheers.

Sorry also could I get the gp15 settings the go28 settings and one that everybody should be able to help with the gx12 settings

I've read though most pages and cant find them i will go thru fully on pc soon but im using my phone at min

• 2 weeks later...

hi i was wondering if anyone can help me i bought a rc car of a friend and he dosnt have a clue about it and near do i.

but i have discovered so far thats its a hong nor engine and it has 3.5 on it and i was looking for the needle settings for it and any information on it would be extremly helpfull here is a pic of it.

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/gallery/image/15119-425972-360795010610721-100000406767679-1157960-360628163-n/

Edited by michelle18uk

• 5 weeks later...

Hey juat bought my first nitro car, bought it second hand and the guy told me it was work

When i first got the car the pull start was stiff, i didn't realise that meant the engine was flooded :/ so i messed around with the needles trying to start it.

Now i know it was flooded and have sorted that, i think the needle's will be totally wrong.

So... could someone label the needle's and screw's for me and tell me where i should put them.

Would be a massive help cheer's

ps. it's a gv rex x buggy with a force .25 engine.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/1000018v.jpg/

Edited by johnnygfug

hi mate factory settings for go b21 is flush lsn and flush hsn

good luck

daz

thx for that 1! im lucky i didnt kill my engein as i was told along time ago to tune it up via the lsn and that was very lean, perhaps 3-4mill in >.<

hey guys....

Ofna/Hyper .21 engine

Set the master needle IN until stops, then turn OUT 4.5 to 5 turns.

Setting for the black low end needle is OUT 3.5 turns out from flush.

Setting brass head mid range needle, should always be flush to the case.

Are these 'turns' full 360 degree turns or what? I cant figure it out =[

also.. what is the master needle and mid range needle? they both look brass but one is big and one is small...

Edited by silba

• 3 weeks later...

You don't adjust the other one apparently ...."so why is it there?" I hear you ask ... god alone only knows.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Middle needle should be flush with edge of carb. Best way to set it is to completely remove the HSN needle, then if you slowly rotate the MSN needle whilst looking down the where the HSN fits you will see a small hole in the end of the MSN needle. Align this with where the end of the HSN goes (keeping outside edge flush to carb body). The MSN needle has 4 holes in a cross shape, when viewed side on the screw slot is at 'ten to four' position.

Its function is basically the MSN effects the acceleration point from about 5-20 feet when you nail the throttle from a standstill. The first 5 feet LSN, the next 15-20 are MSN and after that the HSN. . It can give you a bit more mid corner punch if done right.

Nice bit of info, I'm currently stripping and rebuilding so gonna check this out and play :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...

any1 got any ideas on the low speed needle setting for the nitro star s-25 engine and how to do it as ive read 3 turns from closed but if i do that it close the throttle off completely and wont open any ideas?

Edited by liamg1285

hi

totally new to nitro rc and been given an acme nb16t as a start point .ive read mixed reviews regarding this car .but it wont start it does have compression but keeps flooding does anybody know the factory settings for it as im really tempted to bin it .i have a really poor patience span i was hoping to get it ,have it running and learn that way also this lsn and hsn i dont know which screw is which .can anyone help me please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

on the msn page 8 subject small hole to line up first wold this apply too hpi bb21 and wat are the best needle settings and also would a turbo replacment under head be a good idea has a standard under head medium heat plug.