• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro Engine Factory Needle Settings List

a-x-l-e

• 5 weeks later...

hey guys new to all this.

I have an old Kyosho sandmaster GT engine it runs as i got it running. but i need to set it back to the basic settings so i can go from there and try and get it to stay running. would i just use one of the Kyosho setting you have posted as a starter. Also at what position would the trhottle linkage need to bee at to help get it all right as mine wasnt connected

cheers in advance

Edited by Rc-Bfg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the settings posted are what i used to break-in all tt 12 & 15's run since 2000(black n silver headed engine) more time factory out of box was too lean for running in.

Kyosho GX21 Engine

HSN - 4 Turns out from fully closed

LSN - 0.5mm in from flush on valve

IDLE 1mm Gap in carb

the LSN on this runs far too lean and will cause massive issues starting up, you want it flush and then 1 turn out, local hobby ship actually removes the instructions on this engine, due to many many many complaints and issues

hi i bought my lad a savage x second hand it came with a schumacher x28 turbo i need the factory settings for the high and low if anyone could help me

Here you go :good: (your engine is a Picco P3 )

Picco P3 28 instructions:

"Master Needle Valve-main control for fuel mixture/ HSN. Set at 3 to 3 1/2 turns from closed or flush with collar. Adjust this needle for maximum RPM and power without being too lean or too hot. Make sure you start at bottom of needle seat!!

Barrel Needle/ LSN. 8mm Carburetor, factory: Turn needle in until it stops, do not over tighten. Now turn out counter clockwise 10.5 to 11.5 turns. This needle is in the center of the carburetor barrel and provides throttle response. It is not the idle adjustment. Turning screw in is lean and out is rich. Do not adjust this needle until the master needle is set for power and best performance. This needle will only affect throttle response, so adjust needle until throttle response is clean with little or no delay. Once set, do not continue to turn (lean) needle further. This is important since continuing to turn needle will only increase engine temp, at lower RPM, which will throw off engine overall tuning.

Barrel stop screw-used for adjusting idle. Set for 1/16th inch gap to start new engines. You can open more for faster idle."

Edited by R46

hi any one no settings for a g571 .28 pro think thats right its in a shumacher havoc cheers its reving its bollocks of and just want to set of it was fine with the fuel i got with it 16% nitro , bought 25% now

hi any one no settings for a g571 .28 pro think thats right its in a shumacher havoc cheers its reving its bollocks of and just want to set of it was fine with the fuel i got with it 16% nitro , bought 25% now

thunder tiger pro 28 :good:

Hsn 3 turns out

Lsn half a mm out from flush

thunder tiger pro 28 :good:

Hsn 3 turns out

Lsn half a mm out from flush

cheers pal , i looked on net aswell says 0.5/0.75 gap in carb cant seem to shut mine less than 1.25 , only just bought this schumacher havoc of a mate so am new to all this , lsn even if i turn as far out as i can dont seem to shut it , plus my ilde is running wild and cant seem to turn that down to do you think there is something broke thx lads need to get it sorted for weekend

LSN don't affect carb to close, problem sounds to be either sub trim on radio ch2 needs to be neutral & thottle linkage may need readjusting as well as reseting idle screw.

LSN don't affect carb to close, problem sounds to be either sub trim on radio ch2 needs to be neutral & thottle linkage may need readjusting as well as reseting idle screw.

Cheers will have a play with it when I get home , idle screw is that off fully screwed in ?? Sorry for being thick with theses nitro engines first one I've had but learn fast ??

Idle screw is slider body stopper no need to fully screw in like HSN & LSN.

Engine not running! remove airfilter, switch on radio(neutral thottle sub trim) then switch on truck an look at the gap of carb (if larger gap than in photo then turn idle screw anti clockwise till get smaller gap) **the thottle linkage grub screw/spring may need a little tweek as maybe cause of holding carb open**

This is gap carb should be set too:

carb1.jpg

Carb needle ID :thumbsup:

needles.jpg

Idle screw is slider body stopper no need to fully screw in like HSN & LSN.

Engine not running! remove airfilter, switch on radio(neutral thottle sub trim) then switch on truck an look at the gap of carb (if larger gap than in photo then turn idle screw anti clockwise till get smaller gap) **the thottle linkage grub screw/spring may need a little tweek as maybe cause of holding carb open**

This is gap carb should be set too:

carb1.jpg

Carb needle ID :thumbsup:

needles.jpg

Cheers pal gona look in a bit still at work , bought to more nitro cars of eBay if I put pics up here any of you lot be able to tell me what they are , the guy said thunder tiger and a maverick xb but he said he was not sure thx Martin

• 3 weeks later...