• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

I give up

2008paul

I was going to sell my jato, but then a bit broke on it and I fixed it, had a test drive and was all working fine.

But then just before I was about to stop playing with it, something broke.

I got it all apart to fix it again, but now I can't get it all back togeather.

I'm rely thinking of just putting it in bin or selling the parts.

I give up :(

best thing i do is if you have trouble with something and get frustrated that you cant put it together again just come back to it when your in a good mood then you mosty find that you can do it and that its eayer than you first thought good.gif

best thing i do is if you have trouble with something and get frustrated that you cant put it together again just come back to it when your in a good mood then you mosty find that you can do it and that its eayer than you first thought good.gif

Have you tried finding the cause of it breaking? Is it chassis/suspension/drivetrain?

Plenty of hopups out there to strengthen the areas where it needs it, just replacing them with stock bits over and over again isn't the solution. :good:

i really think you personally should sell up and get your self a very simple electric car, something fairly controllable and slow. You have jumped in at the deep end with a high powered rc and clearly your not yet up to the challenge of repairs and maintenance.

Id suggest something like the ansmann mad rat as you could buy a rtr version and possibly a kit version to build and allow you to get to know the car inside out for a very cheap price

Have you tried finding the cause of it breaking? Is it chassis/suspension/drivetrain?

Plenty of hopups out there to strengthen the areas where it needs it, just replacing them with stock bits over and over again isn't the solution. :good:

I know where it's broke, I just can't seem to change the part, and even if I could, I can't put it back togeather.

---

thanks for replys all, I think on sat/ sun, I'll sell it on here for cheep.

I'm 17 on 7th so I think it's time for me to give up on rc and take driving lessons for moped.

driving lessons for a moped? you dont take lessons bud just do a cbt and you get a license for a 50 or 125 for 2 years. Try your best to fix or at least issolate the broken parts that way people will see what their getting if you flog it.

That's what I ment lol.

Well, when I sell it I'll post pics and it will come with part that is broke any way

Sad to see this has put you offsad.gif maybe you can get back into the hobby after you've got your bike?

Anyway I know someone who's interested in the Jato already so if you are sure you want to sell up then drop me a PM with details and I'll see if we can work something outgood.gif

Sad to see this has put you offsad.gif maybe you can get back into the hobby after you've got your bike?

Anyway I know someone who's interested in the Jato already so if you are sure you want to sell up then drop me a PM with details and I'll see if we can work something outgood.gif

I've already had one pm about it, I'll see any way.

I'll be posting it in the sell bit on sat or sun, I'll pm you when I've posted it.

Ok mate, just make sure that selling up is what you want to do, maybe you just started off with the wrong car so a trade for something you can run and some cash towards the moped might be a better idea, that way you can still do some bashing and get your CBT sortedgood.gif

well LOTS of people have OFFERED,an even GIVEN,,,,,,,stupid amouts of help

even if it came with no manual,which iam pretty sure it went with to tanveer

they can VERY EASYILY be sourced from traxxas,in a PDF

of which ive linked two or three times for you paul,so you could help to learn,an help yourself a little

its a real shame,that your going to give up an try something new

but if fixing stuff isn for you

i have to say,this hobbie,proberly isnt either

no matter which brand/model/fuel source you get .....YOU WILL,have to fix it at some point

an if thats not for you.......then so be it

have to say,he JATO you got,was one of the best sorted thats around,so someone will get a great deal :good: