• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

modern warfare 2

naon-deano

I think your wrong TBH, PC gaming is no where near as advanced as PS3 or xbox, graphics, ease of gaming, its just far ahead. And every time a new COD comes out they also add more stuff. For example MW2, they have tons more killstreak rewards and a LOT more weapons and attachments. good.gif

PC has always been a generation ahead, in terms of graphics, hardware, online gameplay, just about everything, thats just a fact, so i would get them right next time :rolleyes:

The reason development has become lazy is because console gaming is easy, they want to turn PC's into giant consoles, very rarely are games developed solely for PC anymore, they are developed for multiple platforms and obviously, the emphasis is going to be on the console versions, because thats where most of the market is right now and more importantly, most of the money.

PC gaming has been in slow decline for years now, its not surprising that they have gotten rid of dedicated servers, with dedicated servers you can have custom maps, and a whole host of other things, they don't like that...

Anyway, as for the game, i love it, picked mine up for the Xbox for

ben, cod4 1 did that to me, theres no solution apart from move house and set up a new internet connection [that ive found]

as for pc games, pc games are better than any console title imo, i mean i don't even know how old joic is but i'll tell you for modern style warfare etc and freindly people with a multitude of guns and maps etc i'll take it over any cod you care to name.

one thing i do like though about consoles is the ease. its difficult running games on a slower comp [even with my nice new laptop it still can't keep up] but if you can afford the hardware pc>console every time

Well i played spilt screen for a few hrs and thats pritty awsome with a few mates and beers ;). I played the campaign mode for a bit its all damn good stuff. In campaign tho your team mates do like walking infront of you while you shoot and friendly fire is not tollerated as it says so ya got to start the mission again and ive had a few dead body glitchs lol frag grenade kills and the body floats in midair lol.

Has anyone beaten the 35 seconds mark in the special ops "The Pit" my best is 44.6 seconds I just cant get any faster blush.gif.

I think your wrong TBH, PC gaming is no where near as advanced as PS3 or xbox, graphics, ease of gaming, its just far ahead. And every time a new COD comes out they also add more stuff. For example MW2, they have tons more killstreak rewards and a LOT more weapons and attachments. good.gif

:lol:

Mate are you really trying to say a PS3/360 has better graphics than a modern gaming rig? :lol: :lol: My PC blows those consoles out of the water as it stands, and its over 2 years old! :ph34r:

There is nothing better for gaming than a high end PC in my opinion. I have been lucky enough to be able to afford them over the years so have never really bothered with consoles. I have a 360 but never use it to be honest.

However, one area where I think consoles win over a PC is in the "have a few mates around for some beers" category. Split screen Halo/GoW is a blast :D I find consoles are easier to be more sociable with wheras a PC is an individual platform that only 1 person at a time can use.

Other than that though, PC's > Consoles every time :) They always have and always will :)

Cheers :cheers:

Yeah I enjoyed that bonus one on COD 4. But I think the special ops make up for that ;) I love the sniper mission. Which they borrowed from COD 4 :lol:

The UMP45 and Glock 18 are my favourites.

Wis it'd work online :(

Yeah the Glock 18 is awesome biggrin.gif

Would of liked an SA80 for a change though, you do get an LSW which is pretty much the same but me wants an SA80 tongue.gif

I don't understand why they haven't put in a SA80.. :S They have the S.A.S. in there :D

Did you do the terrorist mission in the airport?

Was speaking to a guy today who said the Steam servers can't cope, especially due to the fact you are forced to use Steam with MW2. Apparently the people who bought it from Steam, i.e those without a disc, have to wait until thursday to play it.

Don't know how true it is, but it still made me laugh :lol: How can you not have good enough servers for arguably the biggest game release ever?

Was speaking to a guy today who said the Steam servers can't cope, especially due to the fact you are forced to use Steam with MW2. Apparently the people who bought it from Steam, i.e those without a disc, have to wait until thursday to play it.

Don't know how true it is, but it still made me laugh :lol: How can you not have good enough servers for arguably the biggest game release ever?

Doesn't really matter how good the servers are, if there's a sudden "rush" of connections at a single time it overloads and crashes. :confused: Which is why on the launch day, or even week, it really struggles.

And yep, those who bought it off Steam have to wait until Thursday but it says that before you buy it. :rolleyes: So they can't really complain.

ben, cod4 1 did that to me, theres no solution apart from move house and set up a new internet connection [that ive found]

as for pc games, pc games are better than any console title imo, i mean i don't even know how old joic is but i'll tell you for modern style warfare etc and freindly people with a multitude of guns and maps etc i'll take it over any cod you care to name.

one thing i do like though about consoles is the ease. its difficult running games on a slower comp [even with my nice new laptop it still can't keep up] but if you can afford the hardware pc>console every time

pc isnt that good for gaming

on nearly every game they hack which is poop :closedeyes:

Surely it didn't say that if they preordered it though?

Still, it shouldn't even come with steam. I know one of the other online distributors (think it was D2D) is refusing to sell it because it comes packaged with steam.

Even those that have bought the disc are having problems, there should be an alternative way to activate it, a phone service or something.

on nearly every game they hack which is poop :closedeyes:

From another POV - PC games have anti-cheat, where consoles don't, so if someone installs a hack on the 360, then there's nothing stopping them until the complaints filter in to Microsoft. :confused:

And that is why MW2 is on Steam because VAC is very secure when it comes to controlling cheaters.

Each platform has it's pros and cons...