• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Electical Problems

matt_green84

Just fitted a new Y Lead on my rascal, the efforts where you can charge your receiver pack without removing it, as my old one was a bit melted.

Seems now that not a lot works. Now i'm not 100% on this, because the battery is flat, but after an hour on charge plugged it in, flicked the switch and the servos didn't even twitch.

What i'm wondering is this: The lead has one female into the switch (which connects to the male on the battery), and two males, one of which goes to the Rx and the other stays free to plug into the charger. Would there be a difference in using either male? IE have i plugged the wrong one in?

I did use the lead for charging, but the light on the charger only came on when i flicked the switch on the car, which is what started me wondering.

Yes lets see on this. My understanding is that the switch actually has 3 solder points on the rear of it where you need to solder the charge lead on the same part as the battery lead. (least thats what i can see on mine!

That would then enable you to charge even when the switch is off (would also stop the mains trying to power your servos etc.

Also in regards to it not twitching you will need to turn the TX on aswell. If i switch just the rx on on mine it doesnt do anything until i switch the TX on & thats when the servos centre etc.

Hope that helps you dude!