• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

SCHOOL PROJECT

kingmiles

hi im doin an engineering dipolmoa for my GCSE and my teacher said we can make anything we want for this project. the first thing that came up in my head was to build a rc car. i dont know what sort of car i want to build but all i know is that i what it to have a nitro engine. i asked my teacher to see if he will allow me to do this project and he said yes.

so now here come the questions:

1. what sort of car should i build ie car, buggy, truggy or truck

2. what scale should it be

3. should i buy a roller to start off with or should i go on ebay and get a spares or repair kit and work from there

4. what parts will i be able to make from scratch

5. how long would this project roughly take me

6. finally if some one has already made a car could they send me some pics or tips of their creations ie cabbie and his revo truggy thing

ps i already have a hong nor crt so do have some noledge of rc cars and how they work. please can you get back to me ASAP.

thanks miles

yeah im hoping to make the chassis from scratch. everyone is saying for me to do an electric car. what do you lot think, and if i do do an eletric car does anyone have any pics of them converting their cars into an electric car, and which car would be good to convert.

thanks

i made one for my gcse's... i managed a B out of perthetic tools and a teacher who didnt know what i was making, so i was happy...

whaterver you do, make sure you have the body posts where a factory made cars posts will be so you dont have to make your own body which i found rather difficult....

• 2 weeks later...

changed my mind im going to do the car as a side project at home but for my gcse im going to be making a cooling fan stand. now i just need help designing it. do any of you have any ideas. please could you also send some pics or drawings of your ideas i'll be very greatful.

thanks miles

Maybe a stand for one of those handheld fans people use...?

So they can work and fan themselves... handsfree! lol

Its ingenious, i think I will call it a desk fan! :D

lol, what did you mean by cooling fan stand?

its going to be a stand for my car and it is going to have a fan in the stand. so when im working on my car and the engine gets to hot i can switch the fan on and it will cool it down. only thing is i don't know where to put the fan so thats why i have asked for a design or some guide lines on how i should do this