• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

what buggy

backwash pro

HYPER 7yh people are gonna shout at me now but its the best buggy for bashing and still pretty competitive at club level.

I agree, for a good general nitro buggy, you cant beat a hyper.

Looking at the spec of the buggy, it's a cheap buggy...but you pretty much always get what you pay for!

The radio kit that gets supplied with it will be of low quality ( The one Nitrotek include is a low cost 27Mhz AM job ) and the whole thing is advertising 'features' like a single needle carb for ease of tuning ( read: impossible to tune it to run well ) and things like a '2.5mm aluminium chassis ...(read: at least 25% too thin to be any good on the rough ) Aluminium suspension arms ( read: what would you EXPECT them to be made of? cheese? Hit a bump or a jump and they take a beating) and so on.

If all you want to do is trundle round the local park, then it will probably be OK. Try to do more and I can see it breaking into little tiny pieces quite a lot. To be honest, buying cheap will not be the best introduction to the hobby and whilst I fully understand that money is hard to come by these days, you really want to get the most from the thing for as long as possible. Look to spend about

The hyper is a nice buggy but why dont you go for one of these Instead?

If I had the choice again I would go for the Hong Nor I think.

I've got nothing against the hyper. Mine has never skipped a beat but every one has a hyper. :whistling:

I may be wrong but aren't Hong Nor and Hobao part of the same parent company? The parts seem pretty much interchangable and on the Ofna site the Jammin cars/trucks look not unlike Hoing Nor stuff!

Looking at the details on that Hyper 7 with the .28Cu motor, that is a lot of buggy for the money, and should go well. The tuned .21 is for those who want to go racing in competition, but would be a bit more temperamental in 'ordinary' use. Though I don't own a HoBoa buggy myself, there are lots here who do, so you should have no probelm getting advice on setup etc. Also, there seems to be a decent spares backup for them too. VERY important for a first buggy. If I wasn't saving my pennies up for a HPI Baja, I might be tempted to add this to my shopping list for next summer :)