• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Electric 1/8th Thread

Surprised there isn't one already. (well had a look and didn't see one :whistling: )

So who's running an 1/8th electric buggy/truggy?

I might be getting one off a mate, some Chinese thing, but looks really good quality. Comes RTR with brushless and lipo.

So who has one of these glorious cars (the future I believe!)

Got a link to the one you're getting?

I know Nick has an rc8Te, Happylad and Matt B are running the revos and there are various other build threads dotted around the forum.

Like you said, I can see these taking off big time soon, especially with the lowering price of brushless and lipo. More manufacturers are starting to take notice too, with proper 1/8 scale buggies like the hot bodies one, rather than nitro conversions.

MY plan is when i have the money to convert my mta4 to brushelss, i have seen it done before and it was stupidly over powered and couldn't keep the front down, i'm aiming for something that actually works!.

I'd say that Hyper needs a bit of a bigger motor to push it along if you want to keep it cool. Looks like it has an ok amount of power though!

I'll probably be selling my E-Revo when I come back from Scotland depending how I feel, as I'd really like to get a real car to be honest.

Edited by Matt B

• 1 month later...

Well here's mine, I converted a nitro Xray 808.

I'm running a Mamba Max Monster system with their 2650kv motor, which is good for 40,000 rpm with the 4s lipos I'm using.

I've had to turn all the power/punch settings to almost minimum to because it would wheelie at any speed! :lol:

It's so much fun to race, power and speed is awesome :o

8082Medium.jpg

8083Medium.jpg