• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

12v DC Power Supplies?

Nuova500

Would this be any good as a bench top power supply for charging my LiPos? - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=96963

most chargers need atleast 5 amps for them to work... this is only a 3 amp power supply...

pro peak do one (sold on modelsport) for the same price which will work fine...

Anyone gone down the 'converting a computer PSU' route for a benchtop power supply? I hear they can be a cheap alternative if you're competent at soldering and often supply up to 30A or more!

Yes I have, followed these instructions: Clicky. Works great!! :D I'm not the best solderer in the world or have an indepth knowledge of electronics, but mines been going strong for 6 months. Give it a try!

Yes I have, followed these instructions: Clicky. Works great!! :D I'm not the best solderer in the world or have an indepth knowledge of electronics, but mines been going strong for 6 months. Give it a try!

Hi

Clever stuff looks a bit fiddley

Nice one

From Maplin - this is a good power supply and the same price as the one you suggested. It a lot bigger, and 13.8V but since a cars '12v' supply can get as high as 14-15V with the engine on your charger will be fine.

You can run 2 chargers at a pinch, but not at more than 3A