• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kershaw Design 700ho's in an e-revo

martin34

Hi i am waiting for my e-revo to be delivered.I asked in another thread about running ninms with a brushless motor and it seems that ninms and brushless dont realy go together very well.I keep reading on US forums about the kershaw designs 700ho motors and how well they are ment to perform but i was wandering if anyone over here has fitted them in either an e-maxx or e-revo and if so what are your thoughts on them?thanks.

If i am not mistaken.

You also need a special motor mount to mount them to an E-Revo...

Although i dont know from personal experience, i cant see it being a huge advantage over stock.

Not to mention the new mount leaves the spur and pinions open to debri.

I am going from memory however so dont quote me on it...

Edited by TerrorTrooper

There are a couple of different Kershaw motors for the e-revo.There is the twin motor conversion plate one like you mention terror or you can go for the single 700ho that bolts straight in with no mods so you can use the gear cover.Some of the vids i have seen on youtube with the single mtor look prity impressive.I know its not going to give brushless power but it might be worth a try.The Derwalt drill motor looks quite impressive aswell but it needs the truck modded to fit.