• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

royal flash motor follow up

naymo

hi all,

ok so after all the messing around i had with the steering (see other thread) my ezrun brushless arrived today!! :P

i had used the car with a modelsport 20turn esc and it really didnt float my boat (hence the ezrun option) i also ordered some 3800 batts (which still aint here and only coming from manchester!!!)

so on arrival of the motor i stuck it in and some old 3000 nimh packs i had and hmmmm i was only slightly dissappointed as it kept pulsing or 'cogging' as there didnt seem to be much juice in these old packs.

when i got home (yes i was meant to be working :P ) i heard a strange voice in my head whispering 'stick the lipo in outta your rc18t' and me being curious did just that and OMG!!! outta the cars i've had and got this thing would actually fly if i attached some wings to it!! and would wipe the floor with my RB powered nitro off roaders!!! And the best thing is that its quiet so now i can play in the garden all day long (after i get me some more lipos that is!!)

So if you have a royal flash and want awesome speed get an EzRun combo (hobbytoys88) a lipo (or two!!) and have sore cheeks from all the smiling you'll do!!

Oh n by the way the gears are holding up fine, no erractic spinning of the spur gear or anything!! And i will stick a video of it on youtube at some point over the next few days!!

naymo. (a happy little chappie)

Edited by naymo

HI Naymo, which Ezrun did you stick in there?

I ordered the 9T for my boy , should be here next week , hoping he (and I ) are as impressed as you are

HI Naymo, which Ezrun did you stick in there?

I ordered the 9T for my boy , should be here next week , hoping he (and I ) are as impressed as you are

i got the 9t also for flash but an 18t for rc18t. one thing i would say is that the batts are pants but a little resoldering worked wonders and a lipo try out was amazing!!!

i'm sure you'll be impressed!!! :) :)

im also running the ezrun brushless system with the royal flash :D omg the thing has gone wild. :D money well spent.oh yeah its using 7.2v 3800ni-mh

Edited by golfputter