• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Competetive upgrades for H7 TQ Black

to make it more competitive in my opinion you'd need

1. Better Steering Servo (Hitec 645MG)
  2. Better Throttle Servo (Hitec 625MG)
  3. A tuned pipe (JP-1,JP-2, JP-3 or JP-4)
  4. Better Tyres to Suit the surface you are running on
  5. A stick pack

5. A stick pack

cheers fella. I already have those servos on order, should come tomorrow. By stick pack do you mean a hump pack/decent battery for the servos?

I really just wanna have fun racing, so i dont wanna spend hundreds on things to be running at the front. just would like not to be last if i can help it lol.

A Hump pack has a different battery lay out when compared with the stick pack, A stick pack will fit in a Hyper Better as you have a stick pack holder.

Here you'll see on mine the Stick pack in it's holder on the side of the Radio Box.

DSCF2296-1.jpg

For a good alround pipe I'd definitly go for the JP-3 then mate :good:

i got all them bar the jp pipe im looking for a cheaper one not that i can find one

I'll keep my eyes peeled for you mate :good: the best place to keep an eye out for things like that is the MaxBashing forum. Post a wanted up there and someone will no doubt get back to you :good:

I bought my 16mm Hong Nor Big Bores off of the forum, best place to keep a look out is on the for sales and on ebay.

I'm not sure how Hobao measure their shocks in all honesty, looking at the 20mm ones they don't seem as chunky as the Hong Nor 16mm ones.

5. A stick pack

agree to disagree here

1: steering servo ace 1015 or savox 1257tg hitec is just too slow!!

2. throttle servo as above

3. agree with indie here jp-3 is best all round pipe or picco 063

4. tyres angle spikes for the wet and crimefighters if bone dry, and mini pins for damp

5. stick pack, hell yeah

6. engine rb s3, go 5 port, or similar RACE engines the standard hyper lump is poo

7. decent 2.4ghz radio

8. hobao 20mm shocks

Edited by steelie600

On the black they are classed as big bores. I guess the ones that come on the standard 7 must be well thin.

Mine are no where near the size of the ones you have Chris.

The standard shocks are very thin, I can pass a whole shock through one of the HN's springs and have about 2mm gap all the way round.

Another must for upgrades I really should have mentioned first (as it's one of the cheapest and will transform the car the most) is the changing of Diff oils. It'll improve the way the Hyper puts it's power down, I personally run 3k rear, 10k center and 7k front.

This is the Hyper 7 Black, Which comes with the .21 3 port, a different engine compared to the Hyper 7 .21 which comes with a 4 port.

The engine is what HoBao now put in the 7.5 and 8.5. It's a fast engine and with a better pipe it should be more than enough.

A Hitec servo should be enough I would of thought. You don't need lightning fast servos to turn.

Edited by e.thirteen

The differentials in a buggy pretty much make power like water.

This is because Power takes the easiest route, what you are doing by changing diff oils is forcing the power to take a route that you have pre-determined, i.e. heavy oil up front means more power to the rear and so on.

To change diff oils, it's worth checking out this link :good:

ah right i see now, ive just looked in the manual an now understand how to change to diff oil, an didnt realise that the grease in the diffs actual controlled the power distribution,

mines still got the standard diff oils in it an i had a look earlyier while changing the wheel an diff bearings there didnt seem to be much diff oil in there at all, should it be full or just a light coating?

I think from the factory they just put grease in and not oil. So what you need to do is take them apart and scrub all the grease off and then assemble them with oil inside instead. If you look at the link that Indie provided it tells you to fill it with oil just above the center pins.