• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your Touring Car!

My T2R happy.gif

IMG_2251.jpg?t=1260023805

IMG_2252.jpg?t=1260023831

IMG_2253.jpg?t=1260023855

IMG_2254.jpg?t=1260023876

IMG_2255.jpg?t=1260023895

It's got the CF chassis and top deck, Novak XBR Brushless ESC, Novak EX13.5T Brushless Motor, GP 3300 cells(Soon to be Demon 5000maH 20C Lipostongue.gif), VTEC 24R's, Protoform DNA shell and crapxxas radio gearwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Edited by nosmonkey

It's got the CF chassis and top deck, Novak XBR Brushless ESC, Novak EX13.5T Brushless Motor, GP 3300 cells(Soon to be Demon 5000maH 20C Lipostongue.gif), VTEC 24R's, Protoform DNA shell and crapxxas radio gearwhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Your not going to fit a 5000mah lipo in there, no chance.

Biggest you can fit in the older Xrays is a 3200mah.

Kirby, you haven't shown off your new set of wheels yet tongue.gif

Matt

Im not allowed to take pics of it or look at it really until xmas laugh.gif

Guy who had it before me said it had been modded to fit lipos?

Yea means the bulkhead was sanded down to take a lipo but the top deck is still not tall enough to take a 5000mah and will only take 3200's sad.gif

Sorry to disapoint, happened to me with the T2007 closedeyes.gif

Yea means the bulkhead was sanded down to take a lipo but the top deck is still not tall enough to take a 5000mah and will only take 3200's sad.gif

Sorry to disapoint, happened to me with the T2007 closedeyes.gif

Ok thanks for that dude! I might buy one of them 4000maH stick pack sized lipos then.

Edit: Actually, i might just put the lipo on the chassis further out so its no longer under the top deck, and put balancing weights on the other side, i'm getting the lipo for £17.50posted so its pretty cheap too!

Edited by nosmonkey

Kyosho TF5 + LTC-R + Peak Performance Dynasty 07 19T Spec motor + Mtroniks Viper Tempo 11 ESC (need servo and batteries...)

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=67987

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hpi R40

NOVAROSSI NSR12 S5 engine + K Factory Missile 12 Class Adjustable In-Line Pipe + Hitec HS-645MG / HS-625MG servos + 1/8 Team Magic air filter :lol: ..

r4080001.jpg

post-6831-126011791375_thumb.jpg

post-6831-126011810994_thumb.jpg

post-6831-126011831405_thumb.jpg

Edited by onroad_mania

Guy who had it before me said it had been modded to fit lipos?

The guy who owned it before me ran Trakpower 4900's, which are some of the biggest packs around.

HPI Super Rs4

hpisuperrs4155ij3.jpg

Ooooooh, haven't seen one of those in ages! I used to have one, stock though apart from some different springs, sticky HPI 23R tyres and a Suzuki Escudo body. Awesome fun with a Novak SS5800 brushless, just like a massive HPI Pro 2. Who made the green alloy bits though?

Seemed to amass a few touring cars just lately, here's me fave.

Guess i'd call it a Pro3, but there's not really much that's Pro3 left on it.

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

With the shell fitted.

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

It's running a the complete Penguin chassis upgrade, various HPI and H upgrades, latest one being the Delrin rear diff.

It's running the 9T motor in the pics, but i tend to swap between the 9T and me 5.5T depending on the amount of grip and where i run it.

An old car now and it wasn't to popular even when it came out, so i wasn't expecting much, to be honest though it's fantastic.

The Penguin chassis makes a huge leap in reducing chassis flex, which is good on the smoother places i drive it, but on the rougher surfaces the more felxable stock chassis seems to find grip no one else can.

Also got a Pro4 and a TC3, but much prefer the Pro3 to the point where i've given the other 2 to mates.

Cheers

Mark

• Like 1

IMG_3525.jpg

I lurve that shell Mark! The mesh detailing looks lush!I'm considering whether to buy a import shell and wheels set for the T2R and use those for ordinary running. Is that the Tamiya skyline shell you have?

Cheers

Thanks mate, can't really take any credit for it at all though apart from the post holes :whistling:

As Matt says it's the Prepainted Precut Hot works shell.

Bought mine from the forum sponsor though ;)

I think for the detail, the light buckets and the fact it comes with them lovely wheels makes it a right bargain.

Just don't have the time, patience or inclination to paint me own shells.

Cheers

Mark

Ahhhh you just missed one on Ebay.

Slight scratch on the rear bumper, went a couple of weeks back.

oh wellz, i'm treat this lil' sucka to a rozzer lighting kit and make an interior :)

Be great with a lighting kit.

Careful on the interior though, if it's like my Skyline the windows aren't tinted they're blacked out.

I'm getting a dark drifter lighting kit for it as it has rozzer lights on it, blue flashing front fogs and yellow flashers at the back :)

Thanks for the interior tip, i might just cut out a window a bit or use clear perspex, then again.... i might just leave it lol

Light buckets are great quality, both front and back.

I've ordered a Chinese copy of the 3 racing LED lighting kit, 3 weeks and waiting though :whistling:

Ooooooh, haven't seen one of those in ages! I used to have one, stock though apart from some different springs, sticky HPI 23R tyres and a Suzuki Escudo body. Awesome fun with a Novak SS5800 brushless, just like a massive HPI Pro 2. Who made the green alloy bits though?

Hi Garry.. I Bought my SRS4 from Fleebay about two year ago for

Light buckets are great quality, both front and back.

I've ordered a Chinese copy of the 3 racing LED lighting kit, 3 weeks and waiting though :whistling:

LED's came today.

Absolute waste of money DO NOT buy these one they're crap.

They don't come on as they should.

The Left indicator flashed constantly unless i adjust the trim wayyyy out.

The brake lights only illuminate when reversing and then stay on.

There's no connector between the shell and the receiver, so you have to either unplug both the receiver wires (Y connection) or unplug the wires from the control box.

It's then a nightmare to get these connectors back in.

Non of the settings work.

Absolute pile of junk.

I'd either wire your lights straight to the battery, or get the HPI or Tamiya unit.

Cheers

Mark