• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

maverick strada xb(brushless)

deko13

I have just put a 60a 8.5t brushless into my strada xb that has been converted to 2wd......it has now turned out to be a torque hooligan & has wrecked the tyres in 2 days. prob doing 40ish but will do more when i change gearing. have to go back to 4wd to get best from torque as it just spins like a maniac..........(great fun tho)

I have just put a 60a 8.5t brushless into my strada xb that has been converted to 2wd......it has now turned out to be a torque hooligan & has wrecked the tyres in 2 days. prob doing 40ish but will do more when i change gearing. have to go back to 4wd to get best from torque as it just spins like a maniac..........(great fun tho)

How are the diffs holding up?

Sounds fun :D

How are the diffs holding up?

Sounds fun :D

holding up ok so far, i have just put set of up rated shocks on it & waiting on alloy hubs. then will get it ball raced. good fun doing up more standard cars & buggys so that you can make them yor own. it also keeps up with my mates lrp nitro 1/8 buggy...............till i get gearing sussed oot

holding up ok so far, i have just put set of up rated shocks on it & waiting on alloy hubs. then will get it ball raced. good fun doing up more standard cars & buggys so that you can make them yor own. it also keeps up with my mates lrp nitro 1/8 buggy...............till i get gearing sussed oot

I think they come ballraced don't they?

• 9 months later...

i have a strada xb with the same system in mine if fully upgraded and yes they are very fast and has supprisingly good handling they don't come with bearings all round (none in the hubs) the diffs have lasted over 50hours of run time and are still in as good condition as when i got it (over a year ago now) although the diff cases, drive cups, drive shafts, spur and pinion, have to be replaced now and again. and the shock towers are made out of cheese.

yes the ezrun combo will fit in the mt.

it only strips gears if you leave the spur/pinion uncovered (i have made a cover for them) obviously they will go eventually as they are plastic/brass

it runs cool if you gear it right i run 20 tooth pinion 64 tooth spur. that works good for me

i have a strada xb with the same system in mine if fully upgraded and yes they are very fast and has supprisingly good handling they don't come with bearings all round (none in the hubs) the diffs have lasted over 50hours of run time and are still in as good condition as when i got it (over a year ago now) although the diff cases, drive cups, drive shafts, spur and pinion, have to be replaced now and again. and the shock towers are made out of cheese.

yes the ezrun combo will fit in the mt.

it only strips gears if you leave the spur/pinion uncovered (i have made a cover for them) obviously they will go eventually as they are plastic/brass

it runs cool if you gear it right i run 20 tooth pinion 64 tooth spur. that works good for me

Thanks alot for the reply! Are you running a 8.5t 60a? What did you make the cover out of??? (why does covering it affect the stripping?)

Thanks!

Thanks alot for the reply! Are you running a 8.5t 60a? What did you make the cover out of??? (why does covering it affect the stripping?)

Thanks!

yeah its the 8.5t 60a. i made the cover out of some bits of plastic gluegunned together i have to completely re glue it everytime i need to change the gears but i have got quite efficient at it now. you will find that the gears are situated right where all the dirt/dust gathers its a bit of a bad design really. another mod i have done to combat this is fit a mastersmaker shell as it hugs the chassis tightly then i have put velcro securing the shell to the chassis.

yeah its the 8.5t 60a. i made the cover out of some bits of plastic gluegunned together i have to completely re glue it everytime i need to change the gears but i have got quite efficient at it now. you will find that the gears are situated right where all the dirt/dust gathers its a bit of a bad design really. another mod i have done to combat this is fit a mastersmaker shell as it hugs the chassis tightly then i have put velcro securing the shell to the chassis.

thanks,

what gears do you buy and where from?